Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X79-UD5 LAN Problem Slow Login

GregH

GA-X79-UD5 LAN Problem Slow Login
« on: June 28, 2012, 12:25:22 am »
Hello Everyone,

This is my 1st post as I just purchased a GA-X79-UD5 motherboard last week.  My problem is that after Windows 7 boots up which is fast by the way but after I logon it takes a very long time to login.  I think it is due to the on board NIC because if I disable it it logs on straight away.  After doing a bit of reading I found out the the F7 Bios fixed this.  My motherboard came with F7 and it has been upgraded to F10 so my intel processor would work.  I have an i7 3820.  I also have 2 x 4GB Kingston Hyper RAM, 120GB Kingston SSD, 2 x 2TB Seagate HDD, 1TB Seagate HDD, 750GB Samsung HDD and a Gigabyte 1GB GTX560TI Graphics card.

My boot times can vary from 43sec to 132sec but normally around the 77sec.  The machine sits at the welcome screen for a while then goes to a black screen with the mouse pointed in the middle then logs on.  Once logged on the machine is fast and no problems.  I have tested the memory with mem-test x86 ver 4.2 but no errors were found.  I'm pulling my hair out.  Has anyone had this problem and knows how to resolve it? 

Cheers,

Greg