Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68X-UD3H-B3 (1.3) U1h and SLI.

Z68X-UD3H-B3 (1.3) U1h and SLI.
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:07:00 pm »
brand new install this weekend.

Installed a 3770k into a z68x-ud3h-b3, kept looping as the f10 bios didnt recognize the new processor.

i had to flash the bios using a g620 chip in order for the motherboard to function with my 3770k which required me to purchase an additional processor just to flash.

After updating to U1h(UEFI BIOS), i can no longer enable SLI, only 1 video card shows. i have verified both cards are powered, and on, and tried the cards one by one in the slot closest to the processor. however when i attach both cards, and attach the power, and Sli cable, verifying the cards are firmly locked on this new motherboard, it fails to recognize 2 cards.  Nvidia control panel also fails to give the SLI option.

In addition, gigabytes @bios and other applications will not install as it states after the bios update that this is not a gigabyte board.

how can I enable Sli and disable the turbo usb 3.0 as i no longer see this as an option in the bios with U1h, or better yet, how do i get SLI enabled period.

in addition to this, the backup bios appears to be an f4 version, which does not support my processor, so my backup bios is constantly looping if its selected (it really should be reflashed too but i dont know how, and cant get into it as the keyboard ps2 is locked)

Re: Z68X-UD3H-B3 (1.3) U1h and SLI.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:59:51 am »
GB tech support finally got back with me, they asked me to check the pcie slots, after testing them, the bottom slot doesnt work, no video out of it with one card in.

They told me this is a custom bios, although it is listed working for this motherboard on their site, and is the latest and greatest bios version. didnt answe my question about backing up the secondary bios either, and it seems as it was a stall.

This is the second motherboard of the same revision and type i have attempted to use in the past week, the first one went into a boot loop right out of the box.

i am returning this second board for a full refund, I have been a loyal GB motherboard user for well over 10 years, however it seems i have a %100 fail rate on the last 2 board ordered.

Time to switch vendors, im tired of tinkering with items that do not work.