Official GIGABYTE Forum

G1 Assassin 2 0x80300001 error when loading F6 drivers for marvell raid from cd

RobD

This seems like a bug....but....I'm not sure, what do you all think.
The hardware setup is 2 x 2tb drives connected to the marvell controller ports and set in raid.
Optical drive is connected to port 5 of the intel controller which is set to ahci
OS being loaded is win 7 sp1 x64

When I get to the point where your asked for the raid drivers, if I use the driver cd, the drivers load and the array is visible but with a message that windows cannot be installed to this drive.
Clicking 'show details' has a message 'Windows cannot be installed to the selected location. error 0x80300001.

But, if I put the same drivers on a flash drive, they load fine with no complaints but only if the win 7 x64 dvd is in the optical drive.

So, it's similar to the intel raid setup curiosity but even worse in that it is impossible to install the marvell f6 raid driver from the cd, because if it can't immediately find the win setup dvd, the whole thing falls over with no way to continue.
You have to copy the drivers to a flash drive and leave the win setup dvd in the optical drive.

btw. sorry for flooding the board with assassin issues, I'm close to assassinating the assassin!!  :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:24:43 pm by RobD »

RobD

Ah, oops, this may be my mistake. If you ignore the error and put the win7 setup disk back in the drive, the error will disappear after the drive re-mounts the disk and the install can proceed.
I have also discovered that the f6 marvell drivers on gigabytes website are the wrong ones. The drivers on the cd [floppy64 folder] are correct.
Will advise gigabyte of the error.