Official GIGABYTE Forum

Eternal reboot cycle

Eternal reboot cycle
« on: July 19, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »
Caught up in a nightmare!   My problems started following an update to the BIOS. I followed the instructions to the letter as provided on Gigabyte's website. During the reboot the PC entered this cycle of powering up for about three seconds...then powering down again..and on...and on. Not even enough time to enter the BIOS so unable to make any changes there. My board is a EX58-UD3R and so fortunately has the Dual Bios thingy. Didn't happen I'm afraid. In my frustration, after trying everything and finally thinking that I had bricked the board, I bought another similar board on Ebay.
The problem is still there! How can that be!
GA-EX58-UD3R
Intel i7 920 2.66ghz
Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz x3

RobD

Re: Eternal reboot cycle
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 05:37:54 pm »
Hi, the assassin is a little prone to this post loop problem too, though usually get's it's act together after no more than 4 tries.
If you haven't already, try disconnecting everything from the board inc. hdd's - bare essentials only and try again.
If it still fails, try removing all but one memory stick.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:00:54 pm »
Hi, the assassin is a little prone to this post loop problem too, though usually get's it's act together after no more than 4 tries.
If you haven't already, try disconnecting everything from the board inc. hdd's - bare essentials only and try again.
If it still fails, try removing all but one memory stick.
Yep..Tried that. I have replaced memory sticks, another graphics card of the same make and model, removed everything connected to the board and still no improvement. Going to replace the PSU next.
GA-EX58-UD3R
Intel i7 920 2.66ghz
Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz x3

Buschy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:47:38 pm »
I have had similar issues on multiple boards from multiple manufacturers... including my new GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H WiFi.
In my case, simply loading defaults in the BIOS fixed the issue.
I will get the reboot loop every time I try to change certain settings in the BIOS. Again in my case, settings that one wouldn't think should even cause an issue but it does anyways.
Is it possible to load your old BIOS again?