Official GIGABYTE Forum

GIGABYTE H61MA-D2V QUESTIONS

GIGABYTE H61MA-D2V QUESTIONS
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:13:22 pm »
Hi guys
          im having a few issues with the GIGABYTE H61MA-D2V..... and when i say issues well there really minor problems.... and the first is increasing the cpu fan speed
         i have speedfan installed however when i go to configure > advanced > and then locate the cpu fan pwm it has a value of "smartgaurdian" .... which i presume is a gigabyte unique feature.... so as you can imagine i dont want to change this from auto to manual at the moment until i understand what smartgaurdian does and if it can be changed
         the pentium G620 is currently running at 37c idle and 50c load (max ).. and allthough these temps are well below the tj max i could lower these since the cpu fan speed is currently set a 27% by default ..... so raising it to 50% or even 75% should lower these
          is it safe to run the g620 at the above tempertures..... its not overclocked and wont be in the future
          the next little problem is the realtek audio... i have the front audio connected to the HD audio header on the motherboard since i use heaphones all the time... however when i connected my speakers to the rear line out socket to test the speakers there was a blue screen with a code 160
         all i can think is its due to the front audio being connected to the mobo audio header and theres some kind of conflict..... another less likely cause may be i accidentally knocked the HDMI cable on my graphics card when plugging in the speaker cable
          anyway apart from that theres no problems ..... games run great and windows 7 64bit running fine .... and bios was updated from v1 which is was when i initially bought the motherboard to v4 which was required to run the G620
           im not too concerned about the bluescreen since these are not uncommon especially with new builds... however im keen to know about smartgaurdian and how it affects manually adjusting cpu fan speed using speedfan
                any help will be much appreciated
                               cheers guys