Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77-DS3H - Black Screen

GA-Z77-DS3H - Black Screen
« on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:02 pm »
Hello

I just bought a new Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard with Intel GPU integrated.
There is one problem - after I installed GPU driver my monitor turns off (with a notification: "No signal") during Windows 7 loading. It looks like when the system loads the drivers it turns off the monitor.
I tried to boot it in safe mode and uninstall the drivers - no problem then.
Updated drivers - black screen :/

I'm running out of ideas here .

Wentworth

Re: GA-Z77-DS3H - Black Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:53:55 pm »
Make sure you have the right driver.  For some reason I can not explain, some Gigabyte installation CD's does not have all the drivers for 32 and 64 bits for all thee Windows versions (XP, Vista and Win7).  Go to their site and download the proper drivers @ the following address : http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4326&dl=#dl  This is for Rev 1.1, if you have Rev 1.0 you will notice a link just under the MTB name on top of the page.  Make sure that the BIOS is set for the onboard Intel GPU as active before you install the driver.  If you have a discrete card pluged in the MTB, get it off. Install the embedded Intel driver first, than reboot.  Only then, you will be able to install your discrete card on the MTB by disabling the onboard in the BIOS before you turn-off the computer.  Install the discreet card and plug your monitor in it.  First try the VGA (15 pins) then the DVI while you turn your computer on again.  You wil have a 1024x768 resolution at first.  Install the discrete card driver and voilà it should work fine.  Please do not upgrade the MTB firmware for nothing.  If everything works fine do not bother to go for a newer BIOS upgrade.  Hope this will help.  Cheers.