Official GIGABYTE Forum

USB ports stop working randomly on Z77-D3H (also occasional other crashes)

Hi all,

I'm tearing my hair out on this one. My old Gigabyte motherboard bit the dust 10 days ago and I've replaced it with a Z77-D3H and an i5-3570. Windows 7 had some problems post installation including the USB ports (both 3 and 2) stopping working at unpredictable intervals. To try and sort it out I tried a clean install on an empty drive. Since then I've had nothing but problems apart from when I remove all the RAM from the board apart from 1 stick. I've also had several blue screens of death and have been unable to run any games properly due to the USB problem. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? I've turned off all the power standby options in windows and in the BIOS. I'm not overclocking and have reset everything else to factory settings in BIOS. I've tried 3, 2 and 1 stick of RAM.

My setup:
Z77-D3h BIOS F13
i5 -3570
VTX radeon HD 6670 (2gb)
g.skill DDR3-1600 pi RAM 2gbx3 (6gb)
toughpower 850W psu
x-fi 5.1 USB soundcard
netgear wna3100 USB wireless adapter
seagate 2tb external usb 3 drive
windows 7 64bit professional edititon (fully updated)
3 x Samsung 1tb HDD SATA2 (AHCI mode)
1 x Samsung 2tb HDD Sata2 (ACHI mode)
1 x Maxtor 150gb HDD Sata2 (ACHI mode)

the only seemingly stable setup is when I have 2gb of memory running. I ran memtest+ with no issues raised. Any help welcomed.
Andy

ysw521

you may go to tweaktown website to update to latest bios f17d for Z77-D3H to check.
As I know, latest bios improvie usb compatibility.