Official GIGABYTE Forum

Questions for GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 - MSATA, DisplayPort, SSD Caching, dual LAN

hlkc

Few questions regarding the new GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3. Your inputs are much appreciated here. Thanks!!!

Diaplayport
Is the Displayport in this MB is active or passive?

MSATA port
Correct me if I am wrong the MSATA port here are just another new port in this board just like SATA 3, but this MSATA port is to plug in a SSD for the OS, right?  

SSD Caching
MSATA port will support SSD caching but same for other port as long as the right SSD plugged in, right?

PCI-E SSD
I'm a PCI-E SSD user here and can I still use PCI-E, OCZ Revodrive for the OS, and MSATA JUST for SSD caching?

Dual LAN port
It looks like it can't be teaming, if it is the case, when I plug in the 2nd LAN line together, what will I get?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:32:36 pm by hlkc »

Wentworth

Good day.  The mSata can be used to install Windows but your best bet would be to use it as a cache (default) so you do not need a mSata over 32Mb as part of the RAM is already a cache.  The smaler an mSata is the better the performance is.   When using SSD try to use same model in order for the RAID to work properly though it might work fine with different model you will have the best performance using same model as each have a different latency and chipset.  The mSata is always on it does not shut off while in sleep mode so if you install Windows it will boot in just a few seconds (2 to 5).  Please use RAM that the manufacturer sites tell you to.  Avoid at all cost the Value RAM type.  Once again it is always better to use the same RAM over the four slots.  Cheers