Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-B75M-D3V - UEFI Bios - Off board Graphics blank screen?

Ice Tea

GA-B75M-D3V - UEFI Bios - Off board Graphics blank screen?
« on: August 14, 2012, 01:00:30 pm »
GA-B75M-D3V - Rev 1.1 - Bios 6

If i plug into the motherboard and use the CPU graphics then the UEFI Bios / boot select and such work just fine but if i plug into my graphics card then the UEFI graphics just show a blank black screen?

The off board graphics card works with everything else such as Windows , Linux and USB and DVD loading such as Memtest at odd resolutions so i know it's switching ok but it will not show UEFI graphics.

Any ideas as i need the graphics to use boot select?

Thanks

Ice Tea

Re: GA-B75M-D3V - UEFI Bios - Off board Graphics blank screen?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »
I ordered a Gigabyte GT 610 graphics card over the weekend and i've just plugged it in and i now have a working Bios screen so the GA-B75M-D3V must be really fussy with compatible graphics cards.

Anybody know how to save the latest main BIOS to the backup BIOS on this board as i tried ALT + F1 to F12 and none of them gave the option to start copying the main BIOS to the backup BIOS?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:25:57 pm by Ice Tea »

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 05:54:04 pm »
I have a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, but I'm having a similar problem.  Flashed UEFI last night and now I can't get my 6970 to display anything.  The IGP works when I pull the card, but when I plug it back in, neither the card nor the IGP display anything.

Ice Tea

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 06:07:45 am »
Yeah it is very annoying.

I tried changing loads of settings in the Bios like PCI ROM priority to Legacy ROM and disabling onboard graphics plus i also set the graphics slot to PEG but it still only showed a blank screen.Nobody seems to know how to fix this issue which i why i gaveup and bought a cheap Gigabyte graphics card which thankfully solved the issue.

Annoying though to have to use a low spec card until they either put out a Bios fix or someone makes a list of compatible cards as otherwise it could work out very expensive to keep buying top end cards and get a blank screen.