Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68XP-UD4 Can't plug wireless usb receivers into the back but only front

Problem I have: When I plug the wireless usb receivers of my mice and keyboard into the back slots (only got 3X power usb, no normal 2.0 usb), mice and keyboard can't work. But they work fine if I plug the receivers into the front case usb slots. My iPhone works fine with the back usb and my mice and keyboard works fine with other computer.

Changes I made:  I reinstalled my win 7 system and download the latest driver for motherboard.

My thoughts: I think it's the problem of my motherboard or the driver or BIOS setting (I didn't change BIOS setting except the boot option in this reinstallation) I only have 2 front usb slots and I want to put the receivers in the back and knowing that there are some unknown issues with my machine makes me really upset.

Anyone have met this problem before or know how to solve the problem?

Thank you all for your time in advance.

Actually there is another problem after the installation. Before the "starting windows" screen, it's usually a white short dash blinking on the top left. However, my computer has several, about 7, green short dashes on the top left. They are still, not blinking.

An update is that the I connect my ipad to the back usb slot, it can transfer data but cannot be charged, says Not Charging. The same usb slots and same cable did charge my iPhone.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:42:42 pm by czhoume »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
If the devices like the keyboard etc work fine on the front panel USB2.0 ports but not on the rear USB3.0 ports I would say that they are not enabled. Does this only happen during booting and rectifies itself afterwards in Windows or is it always ? If it is only before the OS loads then it is merely that Legacy USB Devices isn't enabled in the BIOS most likely.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

It's not USB3.0  It's a called "3X power 2.0 usb" from gigabyte. I consider it as a usb 2.0 with triple current or voltage, something like that. I consider the front usb slots as normal usb 2.0 slots.

The mice and keyboard worked fine before the reinstallation.  So it makes me think that it probably has something to do with the settings. However, I didn't change the BIOS settings during the installation.

An update is that the I connect my ipad to the back usb slot, it can transfer data but cannot be charged, says Not Charging. The same usb slots and same cable did charge my iPhone.