Official GIGABYTE Forum

p67a-ud7-b3 socket replacement

p67a-ud7-b3 socket replacement
« on: August 27, 2012, 09:34:48 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering how much it would cost to have my CPU socket replaced, I did attempt a self repair about 12 months ago after snapping several pins off and in doing so enlarged the plastic holes that hold the pins in place and gave them rigidity, I purchased a cheap 1155 matx motherboard off ebay for the spare part pins - Gigabyte were good enough to repair the socket free of charge (little did i know this would be under warranty repair otherwise i wouldnt of attempted to fix it myself lol) i did no soldering i just tried to put the undamaged pins into the slots where the damaged ones were. Anyways to cut a long story short, my computer is now having usb problems in that they are intermittently cutting out, anytime from just after booting into windows to 24 hours later, totally random. This all happened after my last strip down and spring clean, and yes ive rebuilt and torn down the computer about 5 times since to try and rectify the problem but it keeps popping up randomly.

Also after screwing my heatsink onto the processor I have to loosen it a few turns otherwise I have no graphics card when it boots into windows, it's a black screen. I think these problems all point to the cpu socket pins not making good enough contact with the processor, so hence my query, how much for the replacement 1155 complete socket?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:38:23 pm by crinklecut »

Re: p67a-ud7-b3 socket replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 12:15:12 pm »
Anybody?