Official GIGABYTE Forum

X79-UD3 + hd7870 = no graphics output

Re: X79-UD3 + hd7870 = no graphics output
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 01:28:34 pm »
Giga have requested the return of the cards as a result of their tests with my system build yielding no faults.

I hope it works out for you. My supplier did the same (replaced the card), but still didn't solve the problem. I've organised for my whole rig to go back for further testing. Will post the result.

KRIZ

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 10:02:17 pm »
Update.... Ive taken both systems to another tech centre ( competitors of mine) for evaluation .. no posts with the cards in either system , I jacked up at dismantling the systems and returning them to gigabyte for testing over exchanging the cards for 2 nvidia based cards which have been found to work fine on the boards during tests. I am a bit disapointed though as it looks like i will be stung a restocking fee and dragged through the returns process which is going to cost me money regardless. Its a shame that gigabyte havent been able to shed any light on the problem ,having said that They must have tried a few things with similar hardware but couldnt get a neg result. The rep  i was put in contact with never answered any of my queries directly only through the supplier who im probly going to remove from my lists as a result of the run around they have put me through. I love the products and this is the first time ive had hardware issues that havent been esaily resolved by tweeks or fast replacement , I was hoping the guys would see the efforts i have made and just swap out the cards from ati to nvid so i could get on with it and get paid but as  it is they are a flat line....
Im sure this doesnt help many here but the process has taught me heaps  importantly its not what you buy but who you buy from. Compatibility can be an issue regardless of information at times !Time to wait and see if gigabyte will kick in and sort it.
KRIZ

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 01:33:00 pm »
Best of luck Kriz. Hope you get a positive outcome. I sent my whole rig away to the supplier and it turns out the problem was a SECOND faulty 7870. Very disappointing as now I have serious doubts about the quality of the card.

I have to say also that GB support did not help me AT ALL. Not even a response to my support tickets. Very poor show from them.

KRIZ

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 09:40:01 pm »
I guess I could fault gigabyte as the manufacturer but my pain comes from the supplier.I have requested 2 nvidia based cards to replace the ati's I had ,not that ati based cards are substandard but two cards of consecutive sno's with issues leaves a bad taste in your mouth. It appears to be compatibility thats caused my grief but  that means  nothing when the manufacturer says no its definitely compatible hardware. They offered to resolve it but it meant stripping out 2 complete systems and returning for the sake of just replacing the cards to have me sorted. Theyre returned for now with a request for credit and resupply of 2 660's which may fail as well but i doubt it. Ive read the board has a lot of good features but is in the lower end spec of the chipset range so its missing something, but when you look at the prices of the x79 boards it seems to be good value for features.
Here in Australia giga byte neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds to set up a phone service for its products and issues would im sure be resolved so much faster.
This thread hasnt produced a lot of answers for myself but it may be a point of interest for others who have gigabytes ear so to speak :)
KRIZ

KRIZ

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 03:19:05 am »
Update,
2 gigabyte gtx 660 ti oc cards installed and crackin not much else to add, the 7870's just didnt like the setup  I guess.
Thanks for the advice from all who replied :)
KRIZ