Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z77 UD3H won't post at all, was working fine

Tim_F

Z77 UD3H won't post at all, was working fine
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

Hi all,

My mboard is a rev 1.0 it's not overclocked. The PC has stopped running altogether having been fine for a couple of weeks. I ran the test mentioned online to check the PSU is functioning (using a fan and paper clip) and it does seem fine.

I get the power light on the motherboard, on the first boot I get a flash of red on the error number display but it reads nothing of sense. I tried the reset of CMOS, and CMOS 1 &2 along with the ram in different sockets and single chips in. I've also disconnected all cards and HD's to no effect. Even put the CPU back in with new paste. Any ideas or is this MBoard dead?? I get no screen output at all this is dead immediately.

Spec
OCZ 650 watt bronze PSU
intel CPU 3750K
Corsair Vengance Ram @ 1.65v
Samsung 830 SSD drive
Powercolor Graphics card

Thanks v much Tim

Tim_F

Re: Z77 UD3H won't post at all, was working fine
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:10:59 pm »
Just to add I've just tried the battery out for an hor and jumper CMOs reset. No changes.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 12:17:31 am »

Some ideas for you....

Have you tried removing the graphics card and checking onboard graphics output?
Could also be a case short -perhaps take the board out of the case and setup on top of the motherboard box etc
in most basic config -single stick of ram/onboard graphics
Is your fan ok on the cooler?
Can you check for any beeps with a post speaker attached to the onboard header?
Borrow another psu.....or you can buy a tester for a few pounds online to check all the voltage rail outputs.

Hope this help

Reg

Chris also from the UK.....

Tim_F

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:01:35 am »
Thanks v much...

Yes I've taken the graphics card out to no affect. The system will not post at all so no time for any sort of video output.

I've not heard of a case short, however I can see no reason at all for one. I've removed all unecessary cables and I have an expensive case without bits hanging of it. I could try this but it'll be a bit of hastle, if I have to send this back I'll have to do it anyway!

I've done the single stick of RAM, tried multiple slots and both RAM sticks.

I can check for beeps tonight. that's useful.

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the PSU, it is passing power, I don't have another to hand. I did the fan test but that was all.

Cheers, Tim

Tim_F

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 06:52:59 pm »
No beeps, it really is doing nothing. Think I'm going to have to take this apart and RMA bah!!

ac

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »
Sounds like a bad psu or a bad motherboard.  In order to test the psu you really need a power supply tester.
Most commond failure for this situation is a bad power supply. Motherboards very rarely have catastrophic
failures. However it is common for a power supply to fail in this manner.