Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68XP-UD3 ,freezing during post after new ssd install

Mercy

Z68XP-UD3 ,freezing during post after new ssd install
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:22:36 am »
I have a strange problem with my Z68XP-UD3 maybe someone can help me with.
It has been running fine with the post first showing the cpu info and then ram info then loading operating system everytime with out fail until I upgraded my ocz agility 3 60gb to a ocz agility 4 128gb and suddenly I am having lockups during post.
If I power off by holding the power button and then power back on again it usually boots fine. Once past the post stage it loads windows and works fine. Sometimes it posts with the cpu info and then other times it just post’s the ram speed , its just random really, most times it just comes up with the motherboard name and bios version and locks there. If it gets to the ram setting it will boot fine. I’m not one to mess about upgrading the bios if I don’t have to but don’t see any choice unless someone else has any ideas.
I have even put the old hard drive back in and still have the same problems.

The only thing out of ordinary I can think of is I was plugging in a usb device and I leant on the power cable and turned the computer off, not sure if this would of done anything .

What I have tried.
Load optimised setting (no Joy)
Removes battery and left off for a while (no Joy)

Here are some specs if that helps at all.
I am running the drives in AHCI mode
Ga- Z68XP-UD3 , F8 Bios
i7, 8gb ram , 128 gb ssd ,Windows 7 64 bit
6950 vid, 750w
I only use this system for sim racing so no other programs are installed.

Cheers in advance.

Re: Z68XP-UD3 ,freezing during post after new ssd install
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 04:20:00 pm »
Tried checking for a firmware update to your SSD? How about if you put the old SSD back in; still problematic? Could be the new SSD is faulty...