Official GIGABYTE Forum

Total newb, probably easy questions.

mjmm88

Total newb, probably easy questions.
« on: September 05, 2012, 11:50:02 pm »
Hi, I recently built my first computer with the z77x-up5th but am having some issues with software.  Right now I just have OSX Mountain lion, but im planning on getting another ssd to run Windows 8 any week now.

Anyway, i Have no idea when or how to install the included software (WIFI/ Bluetooth Ver.1.1 & Intel 7 series utility DVD).  I Installed the wifi/ bluetooth card already but it don't work at all without the cd i guess.

ysw521

Re: Total newb, probably easy questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 03:16:05 am »
when you get into Windows, you put the DVD driver in and execute wifi and bluetooth driver.
if you don't install driver, these device cannot not be used.
or you can go to gigabtye website to download and execute it in windows.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4279#dl

Wentworth

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:29:32 pm »
I would think twice before upgrading to Windows 8,  It has multiple unsolved major problems.  It does not provide you with anything new than Windows 7 which is stable since Service Pack has been around.  Most of problems are in relation to drivers not recognized (as usual with any new version).  I would wait until Win 8 first service pack is out before buying.  Cheers.

mjmm88

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:27 am »
I would think twice before upgrading to Windows 8,  It has multiple unsolved major problems.  It does not provide you with anything new than Windows 7 which is stable since Service Pack has been around.  Most of problems are in relation to drivers not recognized (as usual with any new version).  I would wait until Win 8 first service pack is out before buying.  Cheers.
Thanks but i have a massive problem now.  I am trying to run osx mountain lion on the z77up5th but i must have got bad info cuse i changed some things in uefi and now when i turn my computer on it just goes black displays nothing.  Does anyone know how to go back to default settings
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:29:42 am by mjmm88 »

ysw521

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 03:22:25 am »
Clear Cmos will go back to default setting.

mjmm88

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:26 am »
Clear Cmos will go back to default setting.

Ya thanks man.  I finally read through the manual, still lots of confusing s*** though.

There is a Orange light right by the sata ports and its always on.  I think it went on when I plugged stuff into the sata ports, it that normal? that and the power button backlight really mess up my color scheme.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 12:11:06 pm »
Hi

Forget the coloured lights for now and just work on getting everything running right. The first thing to do is clear the CMOS. Try just a quick clear to start with by removing the battery once you have unplugged the mains cable. Press the power button a couple of times and thenl eave it for about thirty seconds before replacing the battery.

Next go into the BIOS and load Optimised BIOS Defaults then save and exit (F10).

This should take you back to the standard the machine came in.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

mjmm88

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 02:05:15 am »
Hi

Forget the coloured lights for now and just work on getting everything running right. The first thing to do is clear the CMOS. Try just a quick clear to start with by removing the battery once you have unplugged the mains cable. Press the power button a couple of times and thenl eave it for about thirty seconds before replacing the battery.

Next go into the BIOS and load Optimised BIOS Defaults then save and exit (F10).

This should take you back to the standard the machine came in.

Thanks, i managed to get the bios back to normal.  the up5th has a clear cmos button and when you restart it you can choose what setting you want.   There is just an orange light between the chipset and the sata ports, I think it is only on when there is somthign plugged into the sata ports so w/e.