Official GIGABYTE Forum

z77-d3h won't boot with PCI-E RAID card

z77-d3h won't boot with PCI-E RAID card
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:45:52 am »
I just upgraded a computer to the Z77-D3h with 3450 CPU, nvidia GTX650 video card.  Remaining components (RAM, drives, etc) were re-used from my previous computer.  I have a 3Ware 9590SE RAID card that requires a x4 PCI-E slot.  When I install this card, the computer refuses to boot.  If I remove this card, computer boots fine. It almost seems like the computer refuses to recognize any PCI-E card except for video cards.  Updated to latest (f18) bios and still no help.  I set graphics to boot with PEG and still no change. 

Charles

ysw521

Re: z77-d3h won't boot with PCI-E RAID card
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 03:14:29 am »
you may need to to go Tweaktown forum to update latest bios to check.
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Re: z77-d3h won't boot with PCI-E RAID card
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 10:15:30 am »
I had the same issue with a 9650-8LPML. After quite a lot of hours of work, I found something that worked for me.

The machine is actually booting, just the video isn't initialised properly. Pull out your 3ware card and load the BIOS. Head to the advanced section, then Peripherals, change Init Display First to PEG, and underneath, change Primary PEG from Auto to the address of your video card (most likely the lowest number). Save BIOS, shutdown your computer, re-insert the 3ware card and power up. Your screen should now turn on, and all should work as expected.