Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P67a-B3-D3 freeze frequently

GA-P67a-B3-D3 freeze frequently
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:10:35 pm »
Hello everyone,
I'm having a problem with my new computer, it freezes frequently, even on bios Screen and sometime even before getting to bios. I've tried turning off intel turbo with no help. CPU temp is 30-40c. memory configured by bios to work on 1333mhz.
Raid0 configured - OS installed on Raid.
the bios was updated to latest ver to support 3d generation Intel CPU's. optimal settings were loaded.
the computer worked fine for a week and then started freezes randomly, now it freezes every few min on windows or BIOS.
I've reset CMOS with no help.

PC information:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-P67A-D3-B3(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : GIGABYTE      Model : GV-NX88S512H-B
CPU Brand : Intel      Model : i5-3570k      Speed : 3.4
Operation System : Win 8
Memory Brand : Corsair   Type : DDR3
Memory Size : 2x4gb      Speed : 1600
Power Supply : Seasonic 500 W

no overclocking
2 WD 320GB Disks working in Raid0
one seagate 1TB disk

I'm running out of idea's
any help will be appreciateץ

Thanks

Baruch
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:57:45 pm by Baruchm »

Fatman

Re: GA-P67a-B3-D3 freeze frequently
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 12:51:59 am »
Assuming you have loaded optimised default in your bios after flashing it, the download and run this tool to check to see if your memory is working as it should.

http://www.memtest.org/

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 01:10:58 am »
The SATA controller /HDD-s can give freezing.Are you sure they are healthy?
Try without the RAID stuff see what happens.

And do check with Memtest the memory extensively ,as Fatman says.I would run 20 passes just to be safe .
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

Fatman

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:06:12 am »
Hmmmm I'm thinking if your memtest turns out ok.......10 passes is quite enough, I think that your power supply might be stuggling a bit with the load on the 12v rail.. Might be worth considering updating your power supply to a 750 or even and 850 watt with plenty of juice on the 12v rails.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:28:43 am »
Thanks for the quick reply,
yes, I've loaded optimal default right after I flash the bios. I remember that the first time I started the computer after the update, it was freezing in the startup before I manage to enter the bios. the second time it was loaded ok and then I enter the bios and loaded the defaults. it was working fine for the following week and the start freezing again.

I'm running the MemTest right  now and update with the results, but I don't think it's a memory issue, it's one week old. worth trying anyway :)

about the Raid, the 2 sata disks (320GB) aren't new, they are 4 years old but were never cause trouble before. also I checked on windows with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology and it was look healty. after the MemTest would finish running I'll try configure IDE instead of ACHA and see if it getting freeze on bios. I hope this is not the issue because the OS installed on this drive :)

My PSU is quite new, I bought it after reading the MB manual and they were recommended a 500v PSU and up. I also check with corsair website, they
have a compatability engine and they recommended a 430v and up. before I'm Throwing it away, I need to be sure this is the issue. is there any tools that can check this out?

I'll keep updating,
any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks