Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte gd-x79-ud3 won't boot after failed BIOS update

Gigabyte gd-x79-ud3 won't boot after failed BIOS update
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:59:03 am »
Hi, this is my first post here in this forum, and I'm Norwegian so excuse my bad English.

Today i got my new motherboard from Gigabyte (as described in the subject title) and a cpu from Intel (i7 3820).

When i first got it assembled i couldn't get it to boot properly, so i tried a BIOS flash which didn't go quite as planned. The PC rebooted in the middle of the flashing process, and therefor i can no longer boot at all.

The computer try to boot in a "pulsating" way, and after 3-5 tries, it manages to get power on. After that it gets into a blank BIOS window with no more saying than: Gigabyte Dual BIOS. Or something like that.

I just can't get it to boot no matter what, and  i no longer have any idea of what to do since i no longer can update the BIOS, and the reserve BIOS won't overwrite the original BIOS that is corrupted.

Can anyone in these forums come with any advice if you got any? It would be of GREAT help, and it would mean the world to me!

In advance, thanks!
- fluffy

Re: Gigabyte gd-x79-ud3 won't boot after failed BIOS update
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:03:14 pm »
Does your motherboard have "dual BIOS"?

If so you should be able to boot into the second (reserve) BIOS - check your motherboard manual about this.

If you have to update the BIOS for your processor, do this with the second BIOS using Qflash - DO NOT use @BIOS, it is notorious for problems.  When all is well you can copy the working BIOS across to the main BIOS.

Fatman

Re: Gigabyte gd-x79-ud3 won't boot after failed BIOS update
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 04:26:23 am »
What are your other components? Eg Power supply, Videocard Ram etc

@Bios has a newer and is now much better. I have used it myself without issue.