Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-H55N-USB3 random shutdown - Please help!

GA-H55N-USB3 random shutdown - Please help!
« on: May 24, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »
Hi, my media PC has started to shut down at random intervals, but rarely staying up for longer than 10 mins.  After it has done this it cannot be started for around 15 mins.  I tried changing the PSU and have re-seated everything.  CPU temps rarely go above 45c.

Config is: GA-H55N-USB3, i3-540, 4Gb memory, 1xSSD, 1xUSB3 connected HDD

PSU is 220w and more than adequate for the above hardware.

This PC has run without problems for 17 months and in that time I have not changed hardware, software configuration or even location.

A Google search seems to indicate others with similar probems.  Is this a known fault.  Can you please advise on a solution, or whether the board can still be RMA'd?

Many thanks

Re: GA-H55N-USB3 random shutdown - Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:16 am »
Hi,

This model have a big issue with some capacitors. You need to send to RMA for repair.

It's a poor design problem. Gigabyte will change 4 smd caps. and change the battery.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »
From what I read it is a bad batch of ceramic capacitors, Gigabyte exchange 3 and then it works.

I read this here:

http://t-1000.se/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45

You have to send the board to Gigabyte for repair.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 04:36:39 pm »
I have had this board sent for it's 3rd RMA with SCAN today...

The previous 2 times it's come back it's still not working formore than 15 mins and I have to disconnect the main power from the motherboard, leave it for a couple of hours to even try and power it back on.

SCAN have tried to 'test' it but all they do is run Prime95 on it to test the CPU - it doesn't stress our the chipset which is the element where the temp rises to the cut-off and powers down the board.

When I can power back on, the BIOS has been cleared.

Is this the same issue as others - and solved by the RMA to replace capacitors etc?