Official GIGABYTE Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Greetings,
Have a look at this.  It might help.  See if your system meets the requirements, hardware virtualization (enabled), etc.

It could be a driver incompatibility as well.   

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/core-isolation-e30ed737-17d8-42f3-a2a9-87521df09b78
Hi, windows didn't popup any driver conflit or issue , while I turning on the "Memory Integrity".
I think there are something wrong in the hibernate process , after turning on the "memory integrity".
coz, after multiple tests, there is a error on my os drive (NVME drive), have to fix it using chkdsk.
I  turn off the power completely(from the wall) , while I mention "turn off power completely 1 minit later"  on the top post.
The fans of the PC casing, and the LED of the mobo is completely no power, b4 I  turning off the power completely( from the wall).

there are some other settings in the BIOS, while troubleshooting  u might interested:
BIOS setting:
LEDs in system Power On state: On
LEDs in Sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States : Off
PCIEX16 Slot Configuration: Auto
PCIEX Slot Configuration: Auto
PCIE ASPM Mode : Disabled

What memory are you running. It sounds like you might have a memory problem. The thing is all memory runs at base speed of 2133. I myself never waste my time on faster memory. Plus one other thing did this all start with updating the Bios?

The thing is people think I'm going get 3200 or 3600 memory. It will make my computer run faster. But in the real world it really doesn't. So what I would do is get memtest and test the memory one stick at a time.
hi, thanks for the reply. 
the XMP was disabled in the BIOS while troubleshoting the issue.
btw, the dram module is from Kingston, was bought about 4.5 years ago and it is in the memory QVL list.
For 4.5 years , never had any issues with the XMP set to ON. Including sleep and hibernate.. using different BIOS (F22, F34) in long term use.
The problem only happen after  Core isolation > Memory integrity: ON .
and it only happen after I turn off the power  (from the wall) completely . 
If simply sleep  and then awake without turn off the power (from the wall), it can awake without issue.
so, I think something is wrong between hibernate and core isolation .
Greetings,
Have a look at this.  It might help.  See if your system meets the requirements, hardware virtualization (enabled), etc.

It could be a driver incompatibility as well.   

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/core-isolation-e30ed737-17d8-42f3-a2a9-87521df09b78
Motherboards with AMD processors / Re: x570 AORUS Ultra - Cannot Enter Bios
« Last post by shadowsports on April 28, 2024, 04:07:30 am »
Greetings,
What key are you pressing to enter BIOS?
Motherboards with AMD processors / Re: x570 AORUS Ultra - Cannot Enter Bios
« Last post by dmdilks on April 27, 2024, 03:26:19 pm »
How to test the battery is pull the power out and let it sit for about 2 or 3 mins. Then plug it back in and see if the boots OK. If a screen doesn't come up telling you the Bios has change then the battery should be OK. All the battery does is holds the settings in your Cmos. One other way to test the battery is with a multimeter. The battery should be around 3.3 volts. You would have to pull the battery out to do that.

Do you have this on fast boot. Some motherboard when in that state might have problem getting back into the Bios. What you can try is pull the battery out let if sit for few mins. Put the battery back in and boot it.

Then you should get the screen that the Bios has change. Then go into the Bios and the first thing is set it to default setting. Then reboot and then go back set date, time & memory settings that is about it. If running windows 11 you have make couple of other settings.

Today's Bios you really shouldn't have to do to much to set them up. I have been doing this for over 40yrs. Me I really don't care how fast it boots as long as boots to windows. I don't use fast boot.
What memory are you running. It sounds like you might have a memory problem. The thing is all memory runs at base speed of 2133. I myself never waste my time on faster memory. Plus one other thing did this all start with updating the Bios?

The thing is people think I'm going get 3200 or 3600 memory. It will make my computer run faster. But in the real world it really doesn't. So what I would do is get memtest and test the memory one stick at a time.
Issue: Win10 Hybernate failed ,after Core Isolation was turnning ON

CPU: ryzen 3700x , overclock: none
Motherboard : Gigabyte X570 Pro WIFI (rev1.0)
BIOS_version: both F38 and F36
BIOS setting: CSM:ON, Quick Boot:off, TPM: ON , SVM:ON , xmp: OFF

scenario 1: OK
windows 10 x64 v22h2 (OS build 19045.4291)
Hibernate: ON 
Core isolation > Memory integrity: OFF
If I choose "sleep" (without turn off power), and the windows can sleep and awake normally.
and , If I choose "sleep" (and then turn off power completely 1 minit later),
the windows can sleep and awake normally, all software was running b4 sleep is still there.

scenario 2: FAILED
btw, if I change the windows setting to
Core isolation > Memory integrity: ON
then, If I choose "sleep" (without turn off power), and the windows can sleep and awake normally.
and , If I choose "sleep" (and then turn off power completely 1 minit later),
then windows can sleep, but failed to awake normally. It will do a fresh boot ,
all software was running b4 sleep is gone.

and then, there is a Critical Error in eventviewer. Event ID:41 , Source: Kernel-Power .
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
May I ask, how to solve the issue? I would like to turn the Memory Integrity ON.
Can u re-produce the problem?

p/s: sorry for my broken English.  ;D
Motherboards with AMD processors / x570 AORUS Ultra - Cannot Enter Bios
« Last post by MisterTJ on April 25, 2024, 11:03:21 am »
Not too long ago, the BIOS settings resorted back to their default settings, so I had to go back into the BIOS to change them back.

When I checked again recently, the same thing had happened, so I was starting to think my CMOS battery had died. I tried to go into the BIOS again to change the settings, but each time I do so now I just get the Q-Flash screen.

It is still showing the correct bios version, but I am just unable to get into BIOS settings on startup. Would simply changing my CMOS battery resolve this issue?
Motherboards with Intel processors / Re: u.2 to SATA on Gigabyte Mobo
« Last post by shadowsports on April 24, 2024, 05:56:49 am »
Greetings,
Sorry, but this won't work.  Here's why.  Depending on the CPU, you only get a limited number of PCIe lanes for peripherals or device connections.  This is why you are not able to connect a drive to every single SATA port and each m.2 connector.  This is not supported.

In order for the you to be able to connect multiple SATA disks to a U.2 connector, you would need to be able to configure it in BIOS to support SATA mode, instead of interfacing the PCIe controller directly on the CPU.  The board does not have this support.  This is also why you cannot create a mixed RAID array using a combination of M.2 and SATA disks.  Its one or the other, not both.   ;)  Hope this helps.  The X270 is older now by today's standards. Depending on the intended use, buying a newer board and processor could be a better long term investment.  I'd double check BIOS and CPU support if you plan to run W11.
Motherboards with Intel processors / u.2 to SATA on Gigabyte Mobo
« Last post by methanoid on April 23, 2024, 08:50:32 pm »
Not that board is gonna massively change the answer on this but GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming (not yet owned)

Has a u.2 connector with 32Gbit bandwidth so basically 4GB/s or PCIE 3.0 x4 equivalent. I have heard (not confirmed) that you can connect 4 SATA drives to that by way of a cable but how? Surely it needs some sort of chipset to provide the SATA ports?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001246301034.html or https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZYFJHH4 cable would SEEM to the be the one....

Anyone able to categorically answer if this works or not. Another 4 SATA ports instead of a useless U.2 port would be a major plus for me
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10