Official GIGABYTE Forum

Sound on Firewire audio interface dropping out on GA-H77-D3H motherboard

Andy L

Every day or two, the sound on my computer fitted with a GA-H77-D3H motherboard will stop working (i.e. drop out completely) and it requires a reboot of my Firewire audio interface (TC Electronic Impact Twin) for it to produce sound again.

However, I had exactly the same problem with my previous Firewire audio interface (M-Audio Profire 610) and have tried two different Firewire cards (one PCI which didn't have any issues with the Twin in my previous Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR motherboard and the other PCI Express with the recommended Texas Instruments chipset), which leads me to believe that the problem lies with the motherboard. With the PCI Express Firewire card, I also tried the legacy Windows 7 Firewire drivers and this seemed to reduce the frequency of the problem but not stop it completely.

This is the second GA-H77-D3H I've had - I exchanged the previous one for an unrelated issue - so I'm wondering if there's something I can change somewhere that prevents this behaviour? A setting in the BIOS perhaps? Or is there a fault in the design of the motherboard? I've flashed the latest BIOS onto the motherboard (F11) and am running Windows 7 x64 SP1 as my OS.