Official GIGABYTE Forum

Internal graphics GA-Z77-D3H

Internal graphics GA-Z77-D3H
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:02:59 pm »
I have a GA-Z77-D3H board which when using the internal graphics card it switches off the monitor at random times. Using mouse or keyboard does not bring the monitor back on, only a comes back on when the power button / reset button is used.
I have disabled the Internal Graphics sleep and deep sleep modes in the Bios but this does not help.

I have fitted a spare graphics card in the PCI slot and do not have a problem.
I dont play games so no need for the graphics card, just wanted to use the internal gfx

Any help how to resolve this issue?

ysw

Re: Internal graphics GA-Z77-D3H
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:59:48 am »
have u updated to latest bios?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4327#bios
you may check your cpu socket and see if any pin bent or tiny dust on it.
have u checked d-sub or dvi?

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:20:02 am »
I have flashed the Bios from F17 to F18 but this still doesnt work. There is no dust or bent pins on the CPU
and the problem is there with DVi and d-sub, im not able to check the hdmi yet.

update
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 03:16:58 pm »
I have now found that it is the PC going into a sleep mode when using the internal graphics card. This doesnt happen when using a graphics card.
Both settings in the Bios for going to sleep are disabled - but still going to sleep
Also i have a USB wireless keyboard and mouse which is unable to resume from standby, probally no power to usb transmitter when in sleep
The only way back is to press reset or hold power button down, to reboot the PC.

Is there any other setting in the Bios (F18) that i may be missing relating to the internal gfx?

ysw

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 03:01:08 am »
you can go to personalzie\ screen saver to adjust the power saving plan. ifyou don't want to go to sleep, you can set it as never.