Official GIGABYTE Forum

F12p (latest) BIOS for X79-UD3. Where is the RST and RSTe selector in the BIOS?

Kain

I've updated to the latest (beta) BIOS for my X79-UD3 which is the F12p that allows me to install the RST drivers instead of the RSTe drivers. I've been told that there is an option in the BIOS under Peripherals that allows me to switch between RST and RSTe however I cannot find anything under Peripherals that allows me to do that. Is there really an setting that allows me to switch between the two or does it do it automatically?

When I first updated the BIOS to F12p, I had RSTe already installed. After the update, everything seemed fine. However, when I ran AS SSD, my 4K write scores wouldn't go above 2.7 MB/sec. The "write" access times were also much slower than before. I blamed this on the latest RSTe drivers because I had just updated to them. When I installed the older RSTe drivers, the results where the same.

Then I uninstalled the RSTe drivers and installed the latest RST drivers. Surprisingly, they installed without any issue. I assume there is no option that needs to be changed for the X79-UD3 when switching between RST and RSTe? Is it only for some X79 motherboards? After the RST installation, I ran AS SSD. This time, the scores where what they were suppose to be with the overall score in the 630 range. Note that prior to installing the latest BIOS and with RSTe originally installed, I was getting in the 680-690 range (and also having normal 4K write scores and access times).

So, is there an option that needs to be changed when changing between RST and RSTe? Why were my 4K write scores so low with the new BIOS and RSTe? I assume because I didn't change the BIOS setting for RSTe as I couldn't find it?

ex58

This does it do it automatically,as both ROM's are inbuild in BIOS (even 3 ROM's......3.xx,10.xxx and 11.xxx).
Just choose best RST driver for you.

Kain

Thanks.

Any reason for why the latest BIOS limits my 4K writes to 2.7 MB/sec when using RSTe?