Official GIGABYTE Forum

Windows install problems. Maybe my ga-z77x-ud3h motherboard?

gargus

Windows install problems. Maybe my ga-z77x-ud3h motherboard?
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:42:45 am »
Im building a new pc and installing windows 7 professional 64bit full version on a blank HD.

Im not sure how to explain this since I haven't seen it before. Whats going on is during the install at any random point its like things suddenly jam up and it takes forever to move past a point. Like when windows says "setup is starting" during the install the icon isn't frozen and I can move the mouse but it just sits there for a half hour before it moves on to the license agreement, or when I got done with the install once it was finalizing installation and the screen went black for 10 minutes before it proceeded, I got everything installed once and had the pc running fine for about 45 minutes but then when I rebooted after doing windows update it took me to recovery setup.

The pc never crashes, no glitches I can see, reboots or freezes on me. It just randomly decides to take forever to do something.

Im using...

Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud3h motherboard.
Intel 3.4 i5 3570k cpu.
2 8gb sticks of corsair 1333 ram
Geforce 670 video card
asus xonar dx sound card
650watt corsair psu
1tb western digital black series hard drive with 64mb of cache
Samsung dvdrom

I have....
Checked to make sure I have the newest bios.
I tried different sata cables.
I tried reseating and replugging everything in
I made sure the bios was at its default settings
Im not overclocking anything.
I tried some ram out of a pc that has been running trouble free for a year

I cant help but think maybe its the motherboard. I don't know since Id never seen a problem like this.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Windows install problems. Maybe my ga-z77x-ud3h motherboard?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:19:26 pm »
The hard drive is new or old. I had the same thing with somebody's computer and it was the hard drive that was bad.

If you do have another hard drive try it just to see it that is it.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:20:37 pm by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.