Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77P-D3 Screen picture shifted to far right during post.

GA-Z77P-D3 Screen picture shifted to far right during post.
« on: March 20, 2013, 07:58:19 pm »
Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this, have recently installed this board, at first no screen appeared with my graphics card (only with onboard graphics gave a display) then i updated the bios to version f7 and got a picture with the graphics card! however during post & bios the display is shifted far too the right of the screen.  Once i installed catalyst drivers in windows the screen is centered. But still bios and post the display is shifted to the right of the screen! Wonder if anyone can give advice on how to get the boot display to be centered? I am using HDMI on a panasonic plasma tv.

GA-Z77P-D3
corsair tx750 psu
core i5 3570k
gigabyte radeon 7950
corsair 16gb ram.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: GA-Z77P-D3 Screen picture shifted to far right during post.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:35 pm »
You will have to look at the TV setting on that one because there is no setting that you can make with the computer.

Till you get into windows and you are using catalyst control. I have the same card and I use 32" LED TV and I don't have that problem.

But than I don't have it connected HDMI to HDMI I have mine connected DVI to HDMI. I don't need the TV speakers when using the computer.

What I would try is hit the Pause Break key and than see if you can center with a setting from the TV itself.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 10:02:18 am »
There isnt really an option to center the picture on the tv.  I think the issue is more to do with the motherboard seeing as I had to update the bios in order to get the graphics card working in the first place. I may try some sort of dvi to hdmi cable to see if it helps.  Occasionly I am also noticing some onscreen artifacts but these happen very rarely.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:52:15 pm »
If you use DVI to HDMI you will not have any sound to the TV. How big is the TV and my son ran into the same kind problem.

The onboard ran on the bios, but not in windows. So we just put in a video card. No matter what driver we tried too.

Plus you don't really have onboard video. It is running mostly through your CPU.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 06:36:25 pm »
The sound is going through the hifi anyway just using hdmi for picture. The tv is 42 inch. I am pretty sure that some sort of compatability issues exist between the graphics card and mobo, odd because both are made by gigabyte. Didnt have these problems with my old amd nvidia rig.  Will try the cable first and maybe try the pc on a monitor if I get the chance. Still frustrating though.