Official GIGABYTE Forum

Please Help. Bios corrupted now no post

Please Help. Bios corrupted now no post
« on: November 29, 2013, 04:00:46 am »
Hi All, I am new here so thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I have been scouring the net all day and some of yesterday looking for an answer, but I cant come up with one.

I made no changes to my system, hardware or software. I have a gigabyte ga-p35d6q with a q9600, 10 gigs of ram and a pny geforce 470. I booted up my machine and saw a "bios2 checksum error" it then rebooted, on my screen i got....

Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0
Copyright (c) 2000, award software, Inc.

Scanning BIOS image in Hard Drive....

Bios Auto-Recovering.

Then it hung there. For hours. I have tried downloading a new version of my Bios to Flash Drive but it does not recognize my flash drive as an hdd. I removed all my drives and still no luck (when i do this it goes into an infinite boot loop with or without the flash drive in the onboard io cluster). I also tried burning the image onto cd and connecting just the optical drive. This also results in an infinite boot loop. I have also pulled every stick of ram, trying them one by one, with each of these configurations (flash only, hdds, cd only) and I get the same result. I am completely at a loss. If someone has an answer i will be forever grateful. This is my only home pc, my kids rely on it for homework and i am not really in a financial place where i can upgrade to newer equipment a month before Christmas.

Thanks again for any help

Steve

Re: Please Help. Bios corrupted now no post
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:49:22 am »
I forgot to mention I also cleared the cmos with every attempt.

Re: Please Help. Bios corrupted now no post
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:09:22 pm »
Your board should have dual bios so you should be able to recover from the onboard backup bios chip

See this thread here
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,9691.msg73591.html#msg73591