Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99P-SLI Thunderbolt pop up warning

X99P-SLI Thunderbolt pop up warning
« on: August 04, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
Just got my X99P-SLI board back from Gigabyte after the needed RMA BIOS F22 Broadwell-E  fiasco and it now boots up and works with my 6900k CPU. I installed all of the newest drivers and utilities download from GB website but I get a Thunderbolt warning pop up even after running the FW update and rebooting. I already started another ticket with GB Support but was wondering if this issue is common. I don't have yet a USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor to test my peripheral to see if it works but the pop up warning makes me believe it will not. I will know today or tomorrow when my adaptor comes.

Fumos

Re: X99P-SLI Thunderbolt pop up warning
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 05:26:18 pm »
Hi I've the same mobo (firmware F23)  and the same annoying thunderbolt message every boot on Win 10.
Also I'm trying to test with the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor connected to a G-Technology Drive (thunderbolt 2 Drive) with all drivers installed with no luck.
The Windows Device Manager sees the "thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter" under "Universal Serial Bus devices" but nothing about the G-Drive external HDD...

@Rockreid Did you find a solution?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:30:46 pm by Fumos »