Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z77X-UD5H Error Code 05 on shut down.

GA-Z77X-UD5H Error Code 05 on shut down.
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:12:53 am »
good morning guys,

I have a problem that is driving me CRAZy and could really do with some help if possible please.

Machine spec is as follows,

GA-Z77X-UD5H
gigabyte gtx 670
i7 -3770K 3.5
16 ddr3 ram vengence

All running on windows 7 and  OSX ML (hacintosh) problem the same on both OS.

Ok this is the problem that started a few days ago, the machine has been running fine for 8 or so months.

On shut down the OS shuts down as expected but the power stays on in the machine so fans running act. I have to hold the power switch until is turns it self off, The error code on the Motherboard is 05 and there is nothing in  the manual for that code

I have tried swapping the RAM around and one at a time in each slot but it does not seem to fix the problem, i then started to notice that it could be a particular HDD i use to hot swop in and out on the top of the case, but again it still seems to play up,

Its intermittent so trying to find the actual cause its just driving me crazy, (1 fail out of 3 ish)

In the bios the only thing i had to change when i first install the machine was the Wake on lag as that just made it reboot up.

I have made sure that no HDDs are connected to the Black ports on the board now as i read on here that this can cause problems but it has made no difference to me.

I have reset the Bios and still not change however I am yet to take out the battery and leave off and unpowered for an hour, thats the last thing for me to try and then i am actually all out of ideas.

So PLEASE can some one help me before i go mad,

The machine is used for Music production if that makes any difference at all.

Thanks for the time to read this
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:13:38 pm by brightonstatic »

ac

Re: GA-Z77X-UD5H Error Code 05 on shut down.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:13:39 pm »
Code 05 is a partial code. It is part of the bios boot or post cycle. If your computer stays on 05 for a period of time your computer is in a frozen state.

Try adjusting you CPU VTT Voltage from 1.100V to 1.050V.

You bios has glitches. I have the same board..

It can also be your power supply is staying on to cool itself down. Or the thermo-sensors in your power supply are faulty.
That is if you have a PLC power supply.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:36:10 pm by ac »