GA-z77m d3h wont post with a gigabyte r9 270x
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:42:11 am »
hi! everyone i'm davy, and i'm new in the forums. So my specs
CPU: core i5 3570 OC 4.0GHz
RAM 8GB dualchannel kingston hyper fury 1866 CL10 OC 2000MHz CL9
PSU corsair GS 700
MOBO GA-z77m d3h V1.0
primary disc intel SSD 530 180GB

so i dont really know the version of my bios but i'm sure is the first one, this thing works flawless so i dont need to update.
i have tried in this rig with no troubles:
sapphire r9 270x dualx
sapphire toxic r9 280x

but when i test the gigabyte r9 270x 2GB (i think theres only one version) my rig didnt post, i already sold that GPU but i wonder why that happened??

i'm not an expert, but i'm sure all conections where fine, my theory is that maybe one pin didnt make a good contact, or i need the newest drivers but is very rare that a gigabyte card couldn't boot in a gigabyte MOBO XD

so the GPU is safe and sound, is working rightnow so i dont really think that a bios could cause all this, i mean it didint post, this is:
no beeps, no bios, only fans working

any suggestions??

Re: GA-z77m d3h wont post with a gigabyte r9 270x
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:33:52 am »
Hi welcome to the forums! that's my first post as well! by the way you describing it  i think that perhaps the pc booted fine if the  fans where working, and you herd no beeps, you just couldn't tell, because there was no video on your monitor. I had a similar problem where i couldn't see the bios when i used an HDMI cable but worked properly with a VGA cable, i am using my tv ( i ts a HTPC )