Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte App Center and Fast Boot for a GA-Z68XP-D4

Gigabyte App Center and Fast Boot for a GA-Z68XP-D4
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:35:29 am »
Ok so I have been wanting to use the Fast Boot or Ultra Fast Boot options in the BIOS in order to speed up my boot times because I have 7 external hard drives connected to my rig and it ups my boot times by about x6. I know either fast boot options would help with this but if you use them then it doesn't connect your keyboard either which means there is no way to get back into the bios because your usb devices don't connect until you get to the login screen. So after some research I discovered the Gigabyte released the Gigabyte App Center along with the Fast Boot update which allows you to enable or disable that function from within windows so that you can get back into the bios. The problem is that when I open the Fast Boot update I only see the first two options, then the third box if I put my mouse over it, but no accompanying text and no buttons to confirm, so I am assuming I have the wrong version of App Center or something, but I cannot find any version in the support downloads that is specifically listed as functioning with my mobo/processor, so I'm wondering, am I just screwed on this venture? Is there any other way to get into the bios easily with Fast Boot enabled or do I just have the wrong version of App Center but there is one that will work for me?

Anyways, I would appreciate any help I can get on this and thank you in advance.

I am running an Intel I7-2600k on a GA-Z68XP-D4 motherboard, with the U1L UEFI bios, in Windows 7, with a USB mouse and keyboard.

UPDATE: Ok now it appears that the Fast Boot app in Gigabyte App Center doesn't open at all. Not really that much of a change from the half formed mutant interface it was last night then I guess as far as potential causes go.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:52:11 am by Emparawr »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: Gigabyte App Center and Fast Boot for a GA-Z68XP-D4
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 02:37:56 am »
See the thing is those board were really not made to run UEFI. That was something that Gigabyte added. That bios was not really any good. There was a lot of people that had many problems with it.

I too have a Z68 board and I can update to that bios but I stay right where I'm at. Yes it says that the bios is UEFI but it really isn't. That is why you really can't the right boot speed out of it.

One thing you can try is put in the windows disk in the DVD drive. Go into the bios and see if gives you the option to boot to the UEFI DVD drive. If it doesn't than you are not really in UEFI mode. If it does then you have to install windows using that to get the boot speed.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

Re: Gigabyte App Center and Fast Boot for a GA-Z68XP-D4
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 03:01:21 am »
honestly other than the change in the gui for the BIOS I havent really noticed any changes. What version of the non EUFI bios do you use? Also do you know how to rollback the bios if I decide I should at some point?