Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EP31-DS3L wont POST

jlmacd

GA-EP31-DS3L wont POST
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:44:41 pm »
Hi to all. Am a new member here and arrive hoping someon may be able to advise.  I have a GA-EP31-DS3L motherboed which, yesterday, I had attempted to change the boot order, from hdd to optical drive, with the intention of performing a clean install of windows 7. I entered the boot order using the F12 key, changed the device (I thought) then exited. I thought I hadn't done this correctly (not saved it) so restarted and then thought 'I will do it in the bios settings instead' so frantically was pressing F2 to enter bios..... nothing. Hit the reset button on the front to reboot again. Pressed F2 then realised my stupidity when I read on the POST screen it was DEL I should have been pressing,so started pressing that - too late.
Rebooted again only, long story short, I didnt - the machine now won't POST. It starts up ie. fans running, power leds on mobo, leds on both ram slots are showing but, never gets to the 'completion' beep.

In the ensuing hours, I have tried the following but, all to no avail and am worried I have managed to corrupt the main bios somehow in my haste and stupidity by trying to access the bios using the wrong hotkeys (or perhaps I mistakenly set the boot device wrongly in the first attempt with F12?)

I have tried:
1. resetting the CMOS - initially by just shorting across the two pins for a few secs.
2. removed the CMOS battery overnight. Replaced this morning, shorted pins again with battery back in place.
3. Disconnected all hdds and pci-e graphics card and both ram sticks, leaving only CPU/cooler fan connected to motherboard. Powered up, same state - no beep. Would have perhaps expected some form of warning beep saying no RAM present perhaps?
4. Read further and arrived here. Have tried, in desperation, the method posted to try forcing the back up bios into action but, I fear, there probably isn't a back up bios on my model of motherboard?

I feel certain I have caused the confusion somehow and the reason it wont POST but am at my wits end and would very grateful for anyone who may know a method to solve this?

Many thanks