Official GIGABYTE Forum

GIGABYTE GA-M720-US3 : tv-tuner not detected

and

GIGABYTE GA-M720-US3 : tv-tuner not detected
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »
Hello!!! I've tried to connect a tv tuner in one of the PCI slots of this motherboard and it seems that the tuner is not detected by this motherboard. The worst thing is that after I connect the tv tuner, I start my pc, the fans work, but the screen of the monitor is black, there is nothing displayed, there's no beep at the beggining, no logo from the motherboard, no BIOS.... I've seen this problem on other forums, but no solution. Does anybody have any idea, any solutions, please ?! The tuner works perfectly on other motherboards and I've tried another tuner and it worked,but that wasn't mine. Please, I hope your solution won't be to buy another tuner and maybe this problem can be fixed. Sorry for my English if it's bad and I'm waiting for replies.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:15:34 pm by and »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GIGABYTE GA-M720-US3 : tv-tuner not detected
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:30:37 am »
Hi there,

What make and model is the TV Tuner Card?
What revision is your motherboard?
What are your full system specifications?

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

and

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 01:10:41 pm »
Hi. The rev. is 1.0 .
 CPU: AMD ATHLON II X2 245
 VIDEO: ATI RADEON HD 4650 512mb
 RAM:2x1GB (Kingston)
 HDD: Western Digital 500 GB
 The tuner is SERIOUX EasyTV PCI ETVT-FM.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 03:09:21 pm »
Well unfortunately, I haven't been able to find out very much about your Serioux TV Tuner card so I'm not sure why you are having this problem.

The only thing I can think of is what version of BIOS are you running? The latest for your motherboard is F7N and it might be worth updating to this version if you are not already running it.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

and

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »
Ok then. Apparently, my best option so far is to change the tv tuner. This must work :)).