Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55A-UD4 with OCZ RevoDrive X2

JureS

GA-P55A-UD4 with OCZ RevoDrive X2
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:35:36 pm »
Hi guys, I just have a quick question,

I have a GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard with an i7 870 processor and a single Radeon HD6870 GPU. As you may know, when you populate the second PCIE16x (which is actually 8x) with a second GPU, the lanes on both PCIE16X slots drop down to 8x, making it a 8x/8x configuration. At the same time, when running a crossfire/sli configuration, the USB 3.0 and SATA 3 ports work at reduced (previous generation) speeds.

My question here is, if I install an OCZ RevoDrive X2 into the second PCIE16X slot (the only place you can actually install it, since the motherboard does not have any PCIE4X slots) will the first PCIE16X (where the GPU is) drop down to 8x or will it remain at 16X. I am not sure how this works, so I want to double check before getting a RevoDrive.

Also, another quick question. If I populate both GSATA 3 slots with SSDs and put them in raid, will both GSATA 3 ports work at full speed? I know the USB 3.0 controller will lose it's speed and that the PCIE16X lanes will drop to 8X, I'm just curious whether both GSATA 3 ports will work at full speed, making the RAID configuration work to its full potential.

Thank you guys,

Jure