Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68XP-UD4 Sleep Issue

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 Sleep Issue
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 06:51:51 am »
Sorry about the late reply, I was in here earlier today but didn't get around to all the new posts!

Great to hear that was with all 16GB!   Ya, manually setting the voltage may help a few things, temps included, especially if auto it setting a higher value than what you actually need, which is often the case.

have you ever considered putting your own loop together with custom parts?   That's how I started in water, and I can't believe so many kits are out and available now, I mean most should want to build their own custom, but I guess $$ is the deciding factor usually.  Sounds like the kit you have keeps things cool though, so that's great!   What kind of load was your 2 hour 100% test?

I just leave mine (240 RAD with 4 fan push/pull) at one setting all the time, I call it medium.  The fan noise doesn't bother me at all, but I'm used to it I guess because I use a test bench for my system (Danger Den Torture Rack), so everything is right out in the open beside me 24/7

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 07:15:35 pm »
Sounds like you love gaming so more an likely AMD card, dual, three or quad GPU setup?

My GTX560ti card (the replacement Asus card will be here by Friday) is a bit of overkill for a video editor but built has an all-rounder.

Use prime 95 for stress test 100% load 8 threads and was pleased that the core temps are 6 to 7C cooler with the last adjustments with same ambient temp. Over the week will do a couple of 12 hr tests

Originally considered a custom water build did look at all the kits now available even with led light back-light reservoir and the number of different fluro coloured (that's how we spell it in Australia but the kids today here spell it the American way "color") coolant the cost sort of took me back.

As I have only one card  and only Oc'd 10% (found no real benefit with GPU encoding by overclocking the GPU) so use the 1 side intake fan to help cool the GPU heatsink. So with your custom built cooler can you also monitor GPU core & memory temps as well?

Google your "Danger Den Torture Rack" (so that's where Antec got their idea for the "Antec Skeleton Case") looks like a good testing jig for the series gamer, proto type system builder (easy to change the inevitable component crashes)

Was listening to a radio show here the noise was deafening in the background the radio jock ask the caller what was all the noise the caller said it was his gaming computer which was mounted inside a refrigerator to help try to keep it cool lol

Use the ThemalTake A60 case with 4 intake fans and 2 out take fans on the top case air vents keeps the unit cool. 

Ran this rig on my own basic test jig when building
My NLE All-rounder
Mobo: GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU: I7-2600K
Cooler: Antec H2O-920 Liquid
GPU: Asus GTX 660Ti 2GB OC Edition 
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16 Gig DDR3-1600
C: Corsair 240 Gig GT SSD
Storage 9TB RAID
Optical 1: LG 12LS38 BluRay Combo
Optical2: Pioneer DVR219
PSU: ThermalTake XT 875W 80 plus

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 07:05:07 am »
Haha, nope!   I actually don't game at all :D   I like to bench (Extreme - Dry Ice, phase change coolers, ect), and review hardware, so doing those I sometimes have to use a game for review comparisons or benchmarks, but that's all the games my system ever sees :)

560 TI's are nice cards, hopefully you will enjoy it!   And yes, even though I don't game at all, I''m an ATI/AMD card fan!  Usually single, but sometimes I test or bench with 2-3

Nice to hear your temps are still good!  I know what you mean, some of that fancy stuff can add up the prices when building a custom loop, but all you really need is a good rad 240-360 or so, good block, and then a decent sized reservoir, and of course an assortment of fans too.   No need to pay for fancy LED's if you don't want them.  Here's a pic of my setup a while back during a P67 review, so you can see my open case and water cooling setup click to enlarge

Phase change setup! :D

Ya, memory and CPU overclock would probably give you much more encoding performance improvements than GPU overclock.

I can monitor GPU temps when needed, just via software though.  And I do keep track of memory temps, but only when I freeze it :D  You can see plenty of images of me freezing memory here, check it out!!
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?263293-Mushkin-amp-Gigabyte-Break-3000Mhz-Memory-Speeds!

I've seen the Antec Skeleton, and it doesn't look open enough for me.  I use open case so I can switch out boards quickly for testing, usually only takes me about 5 minutes to switch out boards and be back up and running.   I help so many users with various boards, so I often have to switch out boards 5-10 times a week, or I'll have 2-3 setup at once on boxes and one in the rack.  So ya, as you mentioned, it's super easy to change things out when needed, it's a MAJOR time saver and I can never go back to actual cases after using one of these open bench tables.

Haha, A PC in a fridge eh!   Probably sounded like my phase change cooler, it's pretty loud!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:05:58 am by Lsdmeasap »

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 10:43:08 am »
Hi, Lsdmeasap
Loved the RAM Freeze  :)
One question though, how long does it take to cool your cans of beer?  ;D  Should try some Aussie "Fosters"  beer.

I guess your favorite colour is Red With the "Mad Hatter" thought you would go with a multicoloured theme
Re the phase change assume the compressor (what refrigerant gas do you use) has come from ordinary fridge (probably could get away with a lot smaller unit as length of piping and volume of gas would not need a lot of horse power) What about condensation problems?

Have you ever experimented with just using heat exchange from the header block (thought would be enough to cause circulation of the gas through system for cooling) That would allow the heat to be drawn away from the core instead of forcing cooling to the core just a thought?

Then can start to think of mounting inside an evaporator box. A fridge inside a fridge  ;D :D

Liked your testing setups the "Danger Den Torture Rack" should be the number one thing in a system builders kit.

Now that am in forced retirement if I start to get more into systems building (was only doing for a select few) Danger Den Rack will be first on my list.
 Does it come with accessories i.e. all the different types of mounting hardware and leads you ever need or just a frame & you make the extensions lead jigs and so on yourself?

BTW Don't know if you have noticed but have been reading some reported problems with the Z68XP latest F6 bios update with OCZ SSD's (that F5 suppose to address but believe PCI-E SSD cards) with write bottlenecks (even a couple of reports of the multiplier dropping back to 38 as mine did the once with the first set of settings that tested with) but seeing a work around of disabling C3/C6 state remedies the write bottleneck.
I will stick with the F5 bios update for now (touch wood everything is running OK) as not looking to update CPU to Ivy Bridge or PCI-E 3.0 card in the short term will sit on the fence wait and see especially the CPU overclocking heat problems that  have been reported with the Ivy Bridge.
My NLE All-rounder
Storage 9TB RAID

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:37 am »
Re your phase change setup.
Were you taking the temp on the block or the CPU case?
What was the mobo, CPU setup you were testing and what did you top-out at temp & freq?
Just curious
My NLE All-rounder
Storage 9TB RAID

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 09:05:59 pm »
Hi Buddah! :)

Haha, beers can be made cold VERY quickly with some dry ice and water! :)  I do dry in benching too, if you want to see some images of those types of setups I've posted in the past let me know and I'll link you up!

Na, my favorite color is blue actually!  And I hate that red motherboard tray on my case, but I can't find a blue one and they wont sell me one as they quit making them in that color, so I'm going to have to order a clear, smoked, or black one just haven't decided yet.

The phase change unit is custom built by a well known phase change and cascade builder (SDumper) over at XS and OCN forums, I'm not certain of the gas used as it's his custom mix.  It's tuned for decent temps under high watt 300W loads, so yes it could be smaller unit, or colder temps, but those things affect how the unit handles a heavy heat load too, so it's tuned properly and built correctly for it's designed purpose - freezing CPU's! :)

It idles around -45C and under 5Ghz load at 1.5-1.6V it only hits about -38C.  Other units tuned differently may run -50 through -60C, but they they drop to -25 / -30 under heavy loads, so we built this unit with a middle of the road design in mind.

Yes, he does build and put them into cases too, he works for CoolerExpress building all kinds of units.   I just didn't want a cased unit because it was expensive enough already! :)

If you change out parts a lot, memory, gfx, motherboards, ect then you'll love a open bench like the Torture rack!   You may also want to look at DimasTech bench tables, those are very nice as well but more $$

Ya, they come with all accessories like you mention, switches and all that.

I am aware of the SSD ATTO write issues, and have informed Gigabyte and they know already too of course, so fixes are slowly rolling out as they get them done!

As for your last post, that depends on what temp you were looking at too, and if the image was taken under load, idle, ect! :D 

On the phase unit there is a small blue box that reads temps, that lead is connected to the head of the evaportator at the end of the phase change sleeve right where it connects to the CPU.   In some of the images above there is a black temp guage too, that may be connected to the phase unit as well, mid-line, or could have also been directly connected to my dry ice pot for the CPU or memory, depending on which bench result or thread images you are looking at.

Same for the CPU/Memory questions, it all depends on what thread you were looking at, as I've froze it all :D

Normal temps for my phase are -45 or so Idle and -36 / -38 under full load.   Normal temps for my CPU dry ice pot are -74 idle and around -65 / -70 under load, depending on the CPU and the load, I use dry ice and acetone when benching like that.  And for memory, the memory temp sensor is usually right on the memory IC's, and that pot usually get's my memory down to around -40 / -45C, depending on the voltage and load I apply to the memory.

Frequency-wise for CPU the highest I've got before was pretty good with a few CPU's, for dry ice anyway.

X58 Bclk world record, taken down by someone who posted only 0.06 higher Bclk and didn't include a video so it could have been a bugged result, I can't believe they let him take that from me without video for proof as I added (Because those results can easily be bugged CPU-s results)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273137-GBT-Daily-GIGABYTE-X58A-OC-Mobo-takes-X58-Bclk-World-Record-276.42

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273091-Gigabyte-X58A-OC-Takes-X58-Bclk-World-Record-276.42-Bclk!!

3Ghz memory speed (same as above I think, sorry just digging through my started threads)
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?263293-Mushkin-amp-Gigabyte-Break-3000Mhz-Memory-Speeds!

6Ghz on P55
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?257894-Mushkin-998679-2768Mhz-Dice-Action-W-6Ghz-Inside-Personal-PI-Record

Some 5.5 and 6.2Ghz in my X58-OC review here too
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273702-Review-Gigabyte-GA-X58A-OC-Feat.-4.8-5GHz-Testing-Vs.-UD7-amp-9182-6GB-s

I think that's about it for my max results, I can link you to other less than dry ice benching threads if you want, and you can also check out all my reviews linked in my signature at the above forum as many of those will have extreme results in them too.

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 02:27:06 am »
Hi, Lsdmeasap
                    Please provide those links. And you missed the dig I said red but used blue text colour (kinder guessed it was blue after a blue compressor, blue cables, blue tubing, blue collars etc. etc.)  ;D

Are we going to see a blue Lsdmeasap "Doctor Den Torture Rack" type signature test jig any time soon lol
  ;)

The phase change image I saw you were using a black digital thermometer (two red type digital meters monitoring V core and VTT) and probably almost impossible to get a good evaporator box contact if have a sensor on the CPU heatsink. Have you ever seen any cracking or heat-sink warping on the CPU case or dye with those extreme zub zero contact temps.

I still have my first Fluke digital meter (and was still working when last I checked) from the eighties when changed from analogue (the uptake to DVM's was slow due to the old dog sindrome spelled with the i because it was a sin not to embrace DVM's made my life a lot easier).  ::)
Back then we actually repaired PCB's measured the components and replaced the faulty transistors and so on (IC's weren't main stream then. DVMs allowed you to measure the transistors junction voltage) you could quickly identify poor to good devices & made it a lot easier to identify silicon or germanium devices ah memories) instead of the junction resistance. In the nineties we even had to replace 100 pin SMD processors (didn't have the luxury of a 500 thousand dollar component De-solder machine only the manufacturing factories had them. We had to cut the old one away and if the component is glued to PCB component pad before solder bath used acetone to dislodge after cutting the pins or any tracks under the IC would be pulled off the IC. Then would line up the new 100 pin IC solder a couple of the corner pins on 4 sides then heat and flow solder over them all and use solder wick to draw the excess solder from between the pins use chloroform to clean flux and looked like never been changed. The pin spacings became so small requiring a microscope final inspections for shorts.

Now it is throw out the old one in with the new.  >:(  Look at mobo prices complete new Intel board low end around the $100 mid $200-250 top $400 plus cheap.
I always wonder how they can get the quality and be manufactured for such a low low price. Makes you think that the movie "The Terminator" (industrial manufacturing robots now 90% produce all the boards & other products today) due to fuzzy-logic may come into fruition in maybe just a few generations? Then human-beings (due to resource consumption) may become an endangered species.
Technology has over the last 10 years has gone into light speed.
From the 1900s technology was good for 30 years before an upgrade then the moon landings Apollo 11 had 3 navigational computers and they were the humble Commodore 64's. Then the turning point in 1995 Bill Gates Microsofts (no one seems to remember Paul Allen) Windows 95 OS look how far we have gone in just over 15 years due to consumer driven technology uptake (there is even more technology we could have had today that is either sitting on the back burners or the wrights purchased and then shelved due to companies needinging to maintain dominance monopolies & OEMs needing to sell the last of the out-dated technology that they have invested large sums of money in)
Back 2001 Akai had a Plasma 40 inch (January 2001 DTV transmission started in this country consumer could not purchase a DTV TV Akai imported only 8 into Australia  available in Feb March) price $29,990.00 (They sold zero in 2001 they predicted that the price would drop to $8,000 in six years LCD wasn't even a mention then) and only 12 months warranty fast forward to today 46 inch 1080p LED edge-lit LCD minimum 3 year warranties for around the $500 CCFL 46 inch 1080p $350 mark even 50 inch plus LCD and Plasma 3D sets $700 to 900 mark.
OEM's had to reduce 3D prices due too the very poor consumer uptake. Consensus reports consumers hate the fact they have to wear glasses OK in movie theartres but not in the lounge room The OEM's do not even keep or have enough parts for warranty repairs they just replace with the new in word "refurbished as new" unit.  >:(

Have you managed the get your hands on a Ivy Bridge yet for O clock comparisons especially on the cooling side. I would be greatly interested as from what have read so far they are not going to overclock as easily as the Sandy Bridge (reports of 100c temps) if so than phase change , liquid nitrogen coolers will start to see cheaper prices.

From my early years in the trade as circuits and components became smaller the better you can dissipate that heat the longevity of a unit and components increases. Back in the eighties SMPS designs ever only needed ordinary 75 degree electrolytic capacitors they had plenty of air flow around them and hardly ever saw any swelling or dielectric leaks.  The advent of SMD technology feel the OEM (money makes the world go round) did not take that heat factor into account and not enough product testing was evident in high failure rates after only a few years especially SMD electrolytic capacitors their dielectric liquid would leak over the PCB and as very corrosive and circuit would still operate until the combination caused total unrepairable damage.
Lookout old boy coming through
Please send us any links if you do any Ivy Bridge testing
My NLE All-rounder
Storage 9TB RAID

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 05:58:31 am »
Wowzer, that's a wall man!   Haha, no offesne meant, but wow!  *Edit*  Haha, I see a returned a wall too, we gotta cut back sometime or we'll get lost in our own little world  ;D

Hmm, links eh?   Here's another few,
http://www.overclock.net/t/542778/lsd-grabs-pot-rolls-dice
http://www.overclock.net/t/777178/weekend-dice-session-few-personal-records  << Might be the same as one above, not sure
http://www.overclock.net/t/1058065/ga-x58a-oc-the-bclk-dreamers-secret-weapon-of-choice   << right before I got the Bclk World record
http://www.overclock.net/t/746331/mushkin-998679-breaks-2700mhz-triple-channel  << Way before I got 3Ghz memory

And of course, at either of the above forums Overclock.net or Xtremesystems, you can view the links in my signature for most of my hardware reviews.   I've done some others but signatures only allow so many characters so some of the older ones have to get removed as new ones are added.

Haha, yes I missed that with the red text in blue!!

I'd love to have a ALL UV Blue Torture rack, but sadly they don't make any of those panels anymore, just other bland colors!   I keep bugging them about it though, maybe they'll give in some day and make me a set!   heck, I can't even get them to make me the motherboard tray, let alone the rest of the panels, and they used to offer all the panels in UV blue.   And they do sell all other colors for it still, just not UV blue, yet they still use UV blue for all their other custom cut cases, so it makes ZERO sense to me why they wont do it anymore

The black sensor could have been connected to anything, so not sure what temps was being shown in it in what image, unless it says in the thread.   The sensor itself was placed on the phase as it was built, there is two, one on the head of the evap and one on the line.  The line temp shows in the blue box, and the head temp I connect to the black sensor if I want to use it instead, they are both usually about the same anyway once it gets going, so I usually only use the blue one.

Wish I could afford a nice fluke!!  Haha, that black thing was a cheap grab on ebay, I think maybe $15

Wow, sounds like you've done a lot of computer and hardware work, I envy your solder skills I'm sure and I haven't even seen them in person, but I can tell you know what you are doing for sure by all that you describe!

Speaking of the Terminator!!
http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/department-of-defense-outlines-skynet-and-terminator-development-20120330/

I think boards are so cheap now because they can fab in huge quantities now where in the past they could not, so cheaper parts and way more production ability has drove prices way down.

Can't comment on Ivy, sorry NDA in place.  But what I read others saying in forums is quite the opposite of what you mention, but I mainly pay attention to 5-7Ghz results and people using Ln2 cooling so 100C would never be possible.  As for air/water, yes I suspect it might be warmer than SB just based on what I see with SB-e 2011 CPU's, but those are really huge CPU's so not sure it's a fair comparison

I'll update you with some Ivy news when NDA is lifted, but until then you'll just have to rely on others who don't respect their NDA's, or don't care/didn't have to sign one, ect.   Are you planning to grab a Z77 board once they are for sale, then Ivy once it comes out, or was you just wondering?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:59:25 am by Lsdmeasap »

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 10:01:37 am »
That Geek article is so close to pointing to the future of man becoming a useless drain on resources. If they ever manage to put a feelings into machines brains then we may have a chance.

The Z77, H77 boards have been available for a number weeks in Australia . I'm going to see if an upgrade (at lest the CPU will run on my Z68xp board) is going to be worth the expense if no real percentage improvement for encoding if their is a 15% plus then will entertain. Will be looking closely with the Ivy-Bridge results with the Z68XP boards compared to the Z77

But like the first lot of sandy-bridge based boards you had to wait for the second release the Z68 chipset before they got all the ticks.
Z77 still only 4 USB 3.0 2 back panel 2 by the header. Only the higher end model adds a VIA VL800 chip which now gives 6 on the back panel and 2 by the header.

Gigabyte do not even have any CPU or memory support listings for these boards yet. Would have thought Intel would have supplied a locked Ivy Bridge for testing on their boards. This release seems to be a bit of the barn door before the horse considering the Ivy-Bridge release has been pushed back to June here. Hopefully we don't get another Ivy Bridge recall joke like last time because of one tiny weeny IC's silicon transistor.
The Z77 & H77 mobos cannot be selling too well considering the star of the show is still some months away from release (and may be pushed back again which is worrying)

The real benefit seems is aimed more towards gamers with true direct x11 support. 

Will go and checkout some of your threads over the next few days.

As I am a bit of a joker was thinking of posting on one of the video forums I belong to for April fools joke "Cloud spells end of mulit-core CPUs announces Intel" reckon that would have got a few hits.  In the thread would have posted it like a CCN article half way through "Hang on just in GOT YAH" Just to see how many hits could get on the day and how long it would take before it was pulled some people do not have a sense of humor any more.
My NLE All-rounder
Storage 9TB RAID

Lsdmeasap

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 07:54:34 am »
I'm scared they are even trying, and you know they have ALL seen the Terminator movies!   To even use that name for a company, based on and planning such things for future projects is just plain stupid, even if it was just a movie that's asking for it!

Really!  Nice, they are just starting to slowly show up at stores here.   The CPU's will run on P67/Z68, and those CPU's will run on Z77/H77 as well, as long as you have a BIOS update which most everyone has done long ago anyway.  I'll do Z68 vs Z77 in my review for ya, maybe even some X58 too if I have the time to add it in as well.  Did you read any of my reviews yet?  If so, what did you think?  I really like how my X58A-OC review turned out, and the Mushkin Ridgeback one too (C300 one too), some of the others I was pressed for time or doing more than one review at once so they didn't turn out as nice as I would have liked them to be.

I know what ya mean about the Z68 fixing P67 issues, but I don't think we'll be seeing anything like that this time around with Z77!

They can't list memory or CPU info, due to Intel NDA.   All that stuff (Specifications) there now will be updated once NDA is lifted, and CPU/Memory lists will be posted as well.  Intel has given them CPU's and boards LONG ago, unlocked too, it's just they can't post certain things until Intel gives the go ahead due to Intel's NDA.  What memory stuff are you wanting to know, maybe I can link you to some info on what you are wondering?  Everyone already knows all the CPU's that will be coming out so you should be good to go on that.

Boards will come out first, then few weeks to a month later CPU's will be available, at least that is how Intel wants it right now.  Of course many stores in various places around the world may have and be selling both  right now when they shouldn't be.  Boards will be out of NDA at the end of this week/start of next, and then the end of the month is official CPU paper launch and then it shouldn't be but a week or so after that when shops start selling CPU's (Or right then).  Neither will be months from now, for sure!!

Haha, ya, your video would have probably got many hits if you did that!   Maybe get something ready early and do it next year!

I liked the Google 8-Bit maps and NES game video, did you see that video or use Google maps while 8-bit was available?  If not, you can still see the video here, but Google 8-bit maps (Quest) is taken down already :(  It was cool when it was there, I checked it out and it worked just like the normal map, and how you see it in the video :D
http://forums.tweaktown.com/console-handheld-gaming/48089-google-8-bit-maps-nintendo-entertainment-system.html

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:55:19 am by Lsdmeasap »

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 09:52:54 pm »
Have checked out those links thanks (so many pages on your signature don't think would live that long to check them all LOL  ;D) What is the best threads to checkout your reviews?

Great April Fools gag from Google (some payout on Apple last year had 10 law suites against Google with most loosing). Wonder how much it cost Lego in phone, lawyers and airfares to Denmark & wonder how far down the road they were started on another one of those copyright law suites against Google recon even Steve Jobs made a phone call from beyond & Bill Gates would have to put their two cents in.
Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the Kirk Kristiansen family (Lego Group owners) when the phones started ringing   ::)  ;D
Imagine all the Game shops flooded with pre-orders & inquiries of when will it be available.

Please send me those links when you do  the Z77 H77 Ivy Bridge reviews.
My NLE All-rounder
Storage 9TB RAID

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 10:11:12 pm »
Forgot
          I see you use modeling clay to protect the electronics from moisture have you ever thought of using non conductive spray coatings instead.
Here is a link to what I mean http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/TECHSPRAY-2104-12S-/20-2242 there are plenty of good products that would fit your needs. These products have to pass non flammable fire-retarded specifications 
My NLE All-rounder
Storage 9TB RAID

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 07:47:05 pm »
I think you will find that what Lsdmeasap actually uses is artists eraser. That is the normal medium and some people like to use a more permanent solution of "Dragon's Skin".
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2012, 05:38:13 am »
Hi, Dark Mantis
                      Thank you for your reply. Have heard about Dragon Skin silicon phone covers but not heard used for MB's.
Googled and looks like is an epoxy resin type product from the YouTube video similar the type used for military type devices and in the aviation industries for components that suffer failures from heavy vibration and temperature conditions.
Dragon Skin if I have found the right product that you refer to is from a company called Smooth-On & is a silicon rubber type product and is available different grades.

If I have the right product "Dragon Skin® is suitable for making high performance molds used for rapid prototyping, wax casting (foundries and candle makers), architectural restoration and for casting concrete" & and is probably what my prosthetic legs stump liners are made of.

Not too expensive approx between $30 to $40 for 2lbs of the stuff assuming box dimensions of a 5mm height ATX Total Volume: 2.27 cubic inches / 37.21 cubic centimeters  looking approx weight of product needed (Part A + Part B): 0.09 Lbs. / 0.04 Kg Micro ATX Total Volume: 0.9 cubic Inches / 14.71 cubic centimeters approximate weight of product needed (Part A + Part B): 0.04 Lbs. / 0.02 Kg.  :)  depending on height required good option if you are modding as an income.

In my field we used epoxy resins (maybe a cheaper permanent alternative option for single applications) for the similar type of use.

If I have the wrong product can you point us in the right direction or supply a link to the one you have mentioned  ;D
Cheers from
                  Budda [sic]

My NLE All-rounder
Storage 9TB RAID

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2012, 08:26:18 am »
Hi,

Yes that seems to be the same material. It is more rubbery than epoxy and is easilly removable too. Just lift off one corner and then it should peel off with little trouble which is not the same as epoxy of course. It is excellent stuff from what I have heard about it but I must admit to not having used it myself.

The trouble with using epoxy is that it is very permanent and also has no give in it and is prone to cracking especially if it is subjected to thermal expansion/contraction.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB