Official GIGABYTE Forum

P45 and GTX 670 incompatibility. (PCI-E 3)

P45 and GTX 670 incompatibility. (PCI-E 3)
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:55:39 pm »
Just got a brand new GTX 670 Direct CU II (TOP).
Configuration:
Intel QX9650
Gigabyte EP45 DS3P F8 Bios
Corsair 2x2gb
Corsair HX1200
50" LG connected with HDMI
28" Hans G Connected with DVI
ATI5850

Before I installed the driver the display was working on both screen.
As soon as I installed the latest beta driver from Nvidia. I have been able to select the good resolution and to activate the clone mode on both screen (100% working with the ATI)
The images appears on both screens. Therefore after a few second the TV goes black with "no signal" message.
On the 28" screen the desktop flicker a bit every 2 or 3 seconds. And every 10 or 15 seconds the desktop reappears on the 50".
I even tried with only one screen plugged at a time. And same goes for HDMI TV.
I'm running the F8 bios which is the latest stable release for my motherboard.
There is an F10 bios that was released but I hesitate to flash it. http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Gigabye-GA-EP45-UD3p-all-revisions-F10-FFb

I am pretty sure that this is a motherboard bios issue.
The card work 100% well on other mother board (tested asus and msi).
Everything was perfectly working with the ati graphic card.

A lot of people using Gigabyte motherboard and GTX670 have exactly the same issue.
please advise  :)

Re: P45 and GTX 670 incompatibility. (PCI-E 3)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:22:06 am »
Okay I have THE solution.
First of all I want to thanks the Gigabyte tech support who quickly contacted me and provided a working fix.
Considering that this motherboard was released somewhere during 2008, and is not sold anymore this is really world class customer service.

As per my first impression, it was indeed a problem with the motherboard bios and the graphic card.
After that I flashed my GA-EP45-DS3P with F9e bios (was F8 before) kindly provided by tech support, screen flickering/no signal on HDMI are just gone.

So for all the (Gigabyte) P45 motherboard user with same symptoms I recommend to flash to the latest bios.
 ;D