Official GIGABYTE Forum

x79-UD5 wont get past startup screen, second motherboard with the same problem

Just bought an X79-UD5, i was planning tu use it with a 3930K processor for video editing, and generic stuff but the motherboard wont get past the startup screen, it detects the keyboard, you can perform CTRL+alt+del but nothing more. Tried with different periferals, power supply,  and backup Bios, and still getting the same result, then the vendor changed it for another one brand new, and I´m stuck with the startup screen again...

help will be apreciated...

Can you be a bit more descriptive please.  What exactly appears on your screen.  Any error codes/beeps?  You may need a speaker to plug onto the motherboard.

Remove all peripherals.  Only use bare basics.  Keyboard/ 1 stick ram, video and that's it. 

If it still fails, pull board and test on a bench.  Use plain brown cardboard without any print to set your motherboard on.

-=Mark=-
Lian-Li PC-Q06 GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A8-3870K 8GB (2x4GB) G. Skill DDR3-1866 CL8 HD 6550D Antec 450 Platinum (EA-450)

Danger Den Torture Rack Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 i7-2600K 4GB (2 x 2GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 XFX 6870 Double-D Sparkle 700Watt 80Plus Platin

Sorry about my lack of english writing skills.

On the screen appears the "startup screen" its the first thing that appears and its called that way in the manual. There were no beeps, or error codes. Speaker connected.

I testet the mobos outside the case, without extra periferals, with many different ram sticks, and video cards, 2 different PS, the only thing missing was an extra processor.

But, thank you very much for the reply, now i switched the mobo with an Asus Rampage 4 Formula and now the PC it`s working stable.