Official GIGABYTE Forum

P55-UD4P Boot Menu (F12) / USB Keyboard problem

P55-UD4P Boot Menu (F12) / USB Keyboard problem
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:41:06 pm »
If I press F12 the Boot menu opens but my USB keyboard is disabled. Keys don’t work, no lights. After this my only solution is to turn off the power. Has anyone else have this problem?

i5 750
Window 7 Ultimate x64
CORSAIR 1600Mhz 8GB DDR3
On a clear disk you can seek forever.

Pottypete

Re: P55-UD4P Boot Menu (F12) / USB Keyboard problem
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:52:43 pm »
Hi,
Press F2 on boot and enter bios,
enable usb keyboard and mouse,
cheers

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:44:48 pm »
The Award bios (version F3) requires the DEL key to enter the bios. I have looks but don’t see any location to enable usb keyboard. If the bios has already detected the keyboard why would you need a setting to enable a usb keyboard? The keyboard works find in the bios setup and also works find in window 7. Just not in the boot menu. If I connect a ps2 keyboard then the boot menu works.

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 09:53:29 am »
Should be an option to disable error messages or "Halt on" you want it set so it doesn't stop on a keyboard error
There's no place like ::1

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:43:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply oggmonster.

When you press the F12 key during the boot a menu is displayed to allow you to select where you wish to boot from. This allows you to override the setting in the bios. The boot menu opens and you must select a boot location to continue. When using a standard PS2 keyboard the bios boot menu works fine. I can select the boot device and continue. If I have an USB keyboard then it quits working when the boot menu is displayed. The bios is waiting for input that I can’t give it.

I was hoping that someone else that has the GA-P55-UD4P board with F3 bios revision could test their boot menu and see if they had the same problem. I was hoping to find out if it is common on all GA-P55-UD4P boards with F3 bios revision are if it was just mine.