Official GIGABYTE Forum

A simple question and Annoying problem RAM 4 Gb(2 Gb usable)

Hello everyone I actually have a problem and a question,I'll start with the question cos the answer should be rather simple:
Does my motherboard - "Gigabyte P55M-UD2" able to support DIMM RAM 1x 8Gb card? or are the slots limited to 4 Gb cards each which means if I want 8 Gb memory RAM i'll have to buy 2x Dual 4 Gb cards? (I couldn't figure that from the motherboard details on Gigabyte site).

and now to my problem:
I know there are billion threads similar to this one but I failed to find any solution to fix my problem.
I have recently upgraded my video card and bought a new hard drive.
ever since I've noticed a reduction in performance, when checking my RAM info it came to my surprise my PC recognize the 4Gb of RAM yet can only use 2 Gb.
I've tried several of solutions offered to other people: -msconfig , -BIOS Update , Motherboard drivers (both I installed from the CD that came with the Motherboard.)
yet all failed.

I'm starting to think that it might have something to do with the RAM Hardware itself but I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything in the BIOS options or anything like that,that can explain this odd problem.
I'm adding few pictures I took I hope there's enough info there also adding my rig info:

CPU : Intel Core i5 CPU 750 2.67GHz Quad core
Memory- 2x2Gb Patriot Viper II Sector 5 Dual Channel
MBoard : Gigabyte P55M-UD2
MBoard BIOS Version: F6
HDD :WD Caviar Blue 500GB 7200RPM, 16MB, SATA III WD5000AAKX
Graphic Card- Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB
OP: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit S.P 1

I'll appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance,
Ben.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:56:36 am by MidasTouch »

Re: A simple question and Annoying problem RAM 4 Gb(2 Gb usable)
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 01:15:04 pm »
Problem Solved. Irrelevant.