Official GIGABYTE Forum

Need Advice or suggestion or solution

Need Advice or suggestion or solution
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:58:27 pm »
Hi all,
hope you can help me with this issue. I dont know is this coming from motherboard, ssd or video card but somethings going on.
it took me couple of years to collect and assamble this config. Lately made some changes, like buying new display that is a 55` samsung tv )the previous one was also samsung but 42`' and  just a week ago decided to take 2 wd 1 tb disks out and install ssd (to keep the case cool and to speed up the whole sistem) replaced an old video card for the new one too.  FFor the first time ever had smoothest windows installation , but then it all started. Firstly i lost a possibility to see bios start up. I learned that new samsungs tv´s wont support the resolution of 800x600 which the bios is shown but ok no problem. everything is all right (and yes to use this ssd i did set up ahci thingie in bios)
but now everytime i start the pc  a minute later the screen goes black. then i have to electro shock it and restart it.. then it works.
or i just lets say have few ext disks on usb 3.0 they go into stand by mode, and if i try to copy something when they wake the screen goes black again...
That requires bringing that old heavy tv back connecting to the pc to be able to see bios and i am simply clueless. have no idea whats going on. the screen is just black.
Now recently i made some changes as i said cause the cpu temps went so high (78 deg) so i changed the video card, hdd´s so all of the things they were warming up the pc. oh and I AM NOT OVERCLOCKING. use the pc mostly for watching movies and  series.
Someone suggested decreasing voltage control in bios. and i did it but i just reduced it from suggested to -0.25 volts, can this be the reason?
Any smart people please help/ its not such big thing but i really feel sorry to electrocute my pc
Thanks for all your answers
-----------------------------------------------------------
thermaltake dh 202
motherboard ga 890 gpa ud3h rev. 2.1
amd phenom ii x4 955 black edition
ocd vertex 4 256gb
kingston ddr 3 1333 10gb  (i think)
ati sapphire 7750 silent
logitech revolution mx 5500
windows 7 home premium
samsung ue55f8000
-------------------------------------------------------------

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
Re: Need Advice or suggestion or solution
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

... but i really feel sorry to electrocute my pc

What do you mean by this ?! :)

The board comes with on-board video.So you can remove the new video card and find out .
Install Catalyst 13.1 LEGACY for the on-board and see how it goes

The NEW video card being a "silent" one has no ventilation.This may be the problem ,it overheats and shuts off.Or maybe the mobo enters protection if there is no airflow in the case.Use fans and see what happens if there is airflow in there.

What output are you using on the cards exactly.HDMI ,DVI or VGA ?!
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150

Re: Need Advice or suggestion or solution
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:07:15 pm »
i ment restart computer on a unatural way ;-)  press and hold until it restarts. cause i cant see whats on the screen. i use hdmi , and though its silent there is a good airflow now with 5 ventilators in the case, and there is one ventilator blowing direction of the card. further more, this happens when i start the computer so its not possible that its overheated  but i am going to try with the on board video.oh and thanks for the reaction Vezina :-)