Official GIGABYTE Forum

easy energy saver

easy energy saver
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:00:31 am »
installed G41M-ES2L on wifes computer. installed easy saver and then uninstalled. after running avira virus scan system locked. during reboot message that ess has to be reinstalled. How do I get easy saver totally removed from system?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: easy energy saver
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 12:08:05 pm »
Which Operating System are you using?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 01:31:17 pm »
windows7 home premium 64bit

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »
Sorry to ask a dumb question but are you sure that it is the Energy Saver Software that needs to be reinstalled?

If you have posted correctly and the message that you are getting is mentioning that "ess" needs to be reinstalled it could be a driver issue.

However assuming that it is the Energy Saver software causing the problem I would recommend re-installing it. I know that it seems stupid but, re-installing will actually make it easier to get rid of! Once you have re-installed and rebooted make sure you disable the Energy Saver Software before removing it. You should then be able to do this without any issues, through Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a program. Once it has been uninstalled, reboot your PC and it should be fine.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 10:22:14 pm »
I will need to sit down at that computer again and watch the boot process ( its on my wife's system) I got it to boot and she hasn't mentioned anything to me. I was just assuming ess was the energy saver software. but since you mentioned it I am not sure if I disabled before uninstallation. I will re install, disable and then uninstall.these are my first Gigabyte boards in about 10 years so I am getting used to the board \ bios again. ( I just pulled a EVGA 730i from my system for the EP45-UD3L) thanks