Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte X99 UD3P USB 3.0?

Gigabyte X99 UD3P USB 3.0?
« on: August 16, 2015, 05:22:27 am »
Recently built a 5820k based system with a Gigabyte X99 UD3P board, installed all latest drivers again, enabled xHCI mode everywhere in the bios (and disable EHCI to be sure) but my USB 3.0 devices still connect at USB 2.0 speeds. At the first, I though it was a front port issue (have seen that happen before), but the same thing happens with the back ports too.

In particular I'm trying to get a sanddisk cruzer fit 3.0 to connect at 3.0 speeds to no avail. Also tried an external hard disk that connects to my laptop (Intel Haswell based as well) at usb 3.0 and even that connected at usb 2.0 speeds. The device manager shows the 'generic super speed hubs' correctly. Not sure what gives here.

Also made sure that no USB 2.0 device is connected to the same hub, still no dice.

Tried every combination of xHCI Hand-Off (currently off), eHCI Hand off (currently off), USB Legacy Support (currently off) and xHCI Mode (from Smart Auto to Manual, currently set to enabled) but no dice. Really frustrating, thought pcs were becoming easier to build, not harder. Almost wish I had kept my SB system.

BIOS: F2A, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS

Re: Gigabyte X99 UD3P USB 3.0?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 06:38:59 am »
Issue Fixed

PLEASE READ THIS: http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-...-modded-9.html

WIN 10/8.1 INTEL USB 3.0 DRIVER SUPPORT IS TOTALLY BROKEN, AND YOU HAVE TO USE HACKED USB 3.0 DRIVERS FROM WINDOWS 7 TO GET USB 3.0 DEVICES TO WORK AS SUCH. SORRY FOR ALL CAPS BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS THE CASE AND EVERYONE IS NOT SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS  THIS IS 2015/WIN 10 ERA NOT WIN 95/98 ALL OVER AGAIN

GIGABYTE: PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR OWN SIGNED USB 3.0 DRIVERS FOR THESE BOARDS, YOU OWE US THAT MUCH!

Re: Gigabyte X99 UD3P USB 3.0?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 11:50:51 pm »
Confirmed the same behavior on my Lenovo t540 laptop based on i5 4300m + QM 87 chipset. USB 3.0 was broken (I was remembering the speeds from last week when it was still on Windows 7). Same solution worked and it is running full USB 3 speeds now. Both machines were upgraded to Win 10 pro last week. Pathetic support from both MS and Intel  >:(. Wish there was a way to sticky this as a lot more people will run into this issue in the coming weeks and months.

USB 3.0 on Intel USB 3.0 Chipsets on Win 10 is TOTALLY BROKEN. Confirmed on two completely different computers with same results. USE THE DRIVERS HERE : http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-...-modded-9.html