Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA H81M DS2V Dashboard Change boot order

GA H81M DS2V Dashboard Change boot order
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:19:39 pm »
I have searched for days and days looking for information about how to use the GA H81M DS2V Dashboard. I am shocked and disappointed at the lack of help for this product, and at the moment my feelings are to never buy another Gigabyte product.

I could always manage this task in the 'old' BIOS, but this UEFI has confounded me and this Dashboard is making it even more difficult. I have reached desperation point.

Can any kind person point me to a place where I can learn how to use the Dashboard.  I am trying to restore a disc image created in Macrium Reflect and I need to be able to change the boot order to load the Rescue CD and then restore the image from an external drive.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA H81M DS2V Dashboard Change boot order
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 07:23:42 am »
When you are on the Dashboard screen press the "F2" key on your keyboard. This will take you to the more traditional BIOS Setup screen. Check from page 15 of your user's manual as this goes through the various BIOS options.

You can download the User's Manual from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4713#manual if you haven't got one.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: GA H81M DS2V Dashboard Change boot order
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 02:32:24 pm »
When you are on the Dashboard screen press the "F2" key on your keyboard. This will take you to the more traditional BIOS Setup screen. Check from page 15 of your user's manual as this goes through the various BIOS options.

You can download the User's Manual from here: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4713#manual if you haven't got one.

After days and days of searching, so easy, as all things are when one knows how.  Restore done. Thank you very much for your help.