Mobo : Gigabyte Z170X-GAMING 5
GFX : Sapphire Tri-X Radeon R9 FURY 4GB HBM
RAM : Corsair Vegeance LPX 16GB (8GB x 2 kit) DDR4-3200
Cooling : Corsair Hydro H100i GTX Liquid Cooling
PSU : Corsair RM850i
SSD : 850 EVO 250GB SSD
HHD : WD 4TB Black
Case : Corsair Graphite 780T

Im a noob when it comes to OCing, but Id like to get a bit more out of my system... So im trying to use Easytune, but its just not doing anything?
From the couple of videos I saw on youtube, all you have to do is click desired OC (In the Easytune App) and in a short bit the PC should restart?

Do you have to do anything else? because once I click say; OC @ 4.4GHz ...  I wait 15 mins for the reboot and it doesn't come? Not like my PC hangs or anything just... nothing happens?

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling APP center/Easytune... but I cant get it working?

Any ideas/help is much appreciated!  :D

jason-uk

Re: Z170X-GAMING 5 EasyTune help?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:59:22 pm »
I did try easytune myself out of curiosity , and from what i could see on my system there was no need for a reboot when selecting the pre baked overclocking profiles easytune offers ,the oc was just applied along with correct voltage , however i have found easytune to be somewhat over compensating in the voltage, as i can set the same overclock in the bios with less voltage, however this does not mean easytune does it wrong as all the o/c profiles work and are within the safe zone for voltages .

And for those users that don't want to mess in there bios easytune is a perfect and sound solution in this case .... 

to check the o/c has been applied use cpu-z and a stress test application of your choice / i use the gigabyte intel extreme tuning utility that is on my motherboards utilities download section from gigabyte .         
GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 bios f8
i7 6700k @ 4.6
2 x MSI gtx 980ti sli @ 1450 mhz
2x samsung 850 evo 500 gb ssd Raid0
16gb (2x8gb) modules kingston fury ddr4 2666mhz
3 x wd blacks hdd 1tb
1 x samsung spinpoint hdd 1tb
1x seagate barracuda hdd 1tb
leadex superflower 1200w Platinum PSU

Re: Z170X-GAMING 5 EasyTune help?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 05:42:02 pm »
I did try easytune myself out of curiosity , and from what i could see on my system there was no need for a reboot when selecting the pre baked overclocking profiles easytune offers ,the oc was just applied along with correct voltage , however i have found easytune to be somewhat over compensating in the voltage, as i can set the same overclock in the bios with less voltage, however this does not mean easytune does it wrong as all the o/c profiles work and are within the safe zone for voltages .

And for those users that don't want to mess in there bios easytune is a perfect and sound solution in this case .... 

to check the o/c has been applied use cpu-z and a stress test application of your choice / i use the gigabyte intel extreme tuning utility that is on my motherboards utilities download section from gigabyte .       

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply! I actually forgot I posted this :/

With regards to the reboot, that could be... I watched a couple videos that were the old EasyTune versions, and I just figured that this one would reboot aswell.

I will be sure to check in CPU-Z and perform a stress test, but it great knowing it does actually work (not that not wouldn't, but you know what I mean) from someone who actually tested it out.

I do know a bit about computers but 'honestly I'm too scared to dabble in OC myself, especially solo with out guidance lol So this suits me just fine.

Thanks again!