Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GTX560Ti OC does not work on slot PCI-e nr1 (windows 7 boot problems)

Hello guys,
I had major frustrating problems with my GPU and this configuration:
- MoBo: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe;
- PSU: Corsair AX750;
- Windows 7 Home premium 64bit.
- GPU drivers 270.61.

First days of my new pc I had no problems but suddenly one day I experienced these problems.
First problem: the screen went randomly black, then video signal returned, then agian black and so on for a 3 times cycle. Then an error on the task bar came up: "Drivers .... stop running..." or something similar.
Second: after first problem, the screen went (and continue to stay) black. I heard a sound from my case it was like a OS restart. I had to force reset because the screen was black.
Third: when I tried to restart OS, I got successfully the initial OS login screen, filled in the password, clicked on -> button to login and then the screen went totally black without any chance to see the desktop. Again a sound like a restart, again need to force reset.
In any way I could login successfully the operating system, only way would be to enter in safe mode.

Last day before return the GPU to the shop, I tried to mount the graphic card into the slot PCI-e nr. 2 and had no problems in about two weeks.

So, wuold you suggest to fix this problem? In a forum I attend someone suggested to increase GPU volt to 1.05, but no positive result.

Is there anyone which had same my problem and had to switch from PCI-e slot 1 to slot 2?

Thanks. bye.

Riccardo

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Hi

Yes there does seem to be a growing number of nVidia GPUs that are averse to running on the PCIEx16 slots but are quite happy on the x8 slots instead. This will of course not have an adverse effect on performance as x8 is enough for a graphics card. I would suggest contacting GGTS and letting them know about this issue.

Just enter your email address and click on the language of choice.
GGTS   http://ggts.gigabyte.com/

Please expect several days for a reply.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

Hello,
ticket already sent but I hope a quicker response here in the forum, maybe from users which have already fixed the problem or have already had this issue.
Anyway, how large is the loss in terms of performance (fps, bench points or other...) in your opinion from running this card in a PCI-e 8x than in a PCI-e 16x? Is it lower than 5% or more?
Thanks bye.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
It really shouldn't impact on the performance at all.

I doubt that you will find a fix on the forum here as just these last few day it seems that the issue is surfacing and as far as I know nobody has any answer.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB