Official GIGABYTE Forum

BIOS Update file for GV-N560OC-1GI is corrupt

tywyn

BIOS Update file for GV-N560OC-1GI is corrupt
« on: December 13, 2011, 04:59:35 pm »
I'm having freezing problems with BF3 so have updated my Nvidia drivers but it persists , so I went to flash the bios using the utility but when I go to run or extract the file it's corrupt, and from all the servers.

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3707&dl=1#bios

I also went to try auto update in Easy Boost and it finds a BIOS to download, but when I go to download it it says:

Sorry! Download bios file fail. Please check Internet connection.  ::) ::) ::)

Not only does the card not work as intended, the update files to try to address the problem are either corrupt in the case of direct download, or unavailable via auto update. It's pretty much the worst support I've encountered in my experience. Someone in Gigabyte needs to be shown the door I think.

It's the first Gigabyte product I've ever bought and I'm far from impressed atm, not only is the GFX card freezing on BF3, the support is atrocious.  ::) >:(

Sort it out Gigabyte or this card is being RMA'd pronto.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 05:25:22 pm by tywyn »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: BIOS Update file for GV-N560OC-1GI is corrupt
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:39:46 am »
Hi and welcome.

From what you have explained it would sound to me like the file that you are tyryinh to flash your firmware with is not the correct file for that card. Occasionally you can find a corrupt file for download from one server but not all of them so if you are finding multiple occasions of the same faulty download then it certainly seems to be more likely it is the wrong file. Have you checked to make sure that you are trying to download the file for the correct revision number of your card ?
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

tywyn

Re: BIOS Update file for GV-N560OC-1GI is corrupt
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:56:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply, but with ll respect I know when a file is corrupt or not when it won't run or extract correctly. It was the correct file and they seem to have fixed the problem as it now extracts correctly and I have flashed the BIOS. Even if it would have been the incorrect file it should still have extracted correctly in the first place.