Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 Hyper-Threading Bug

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
Re: GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 Hyper-Threading Bug
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 10:22:12 am »
Yes, so if you use RAID or something, set it before the copy.  It also copies over any saved profiles too

Oubadah

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 05:53:07 am »
EDIT: I retract what I said. F7e is still buggy. Some resets work normally, some still make the machine power down and then restart (I assume it loads the backup BIOS). HT stays disabled now that I set it that way PRIOR to flashing the second BIOS. Before I never configured anything before copying the BIOS, so I guess it was just pulling the HT setting from the second BIOS (enabled by default) - still strange that only HT was being set though.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that my issue is the same boot loop issue that others are having, and has it been fixed in F7e? No. What are they even doing over at Gigabyte?

PS. Bi-directional prochot is absent in F7e.

EDIT 2: Hyperthreading thing is happening again, even with HT set to off in BOTH first and second BIOS.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:13:57 am by Oubadah »

Lsdmeasap

• Gigabyte Support (TweakTown USA)
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 11:29:52 am »
It's an Intel bug, so they have to rely on Intel's updates to fix it.

Please pass along your info about the HT issue to Gigabyte support, hopefully they can replicate the issue for you and fix it.

ProcHOT setting may be hidden, try using Control + F1 on the MAIN page of the BIOS, then look through all the settings again and see if you find it.   You want it enabled anyway
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:30:51 am by Lsdmeasap »