Official GIGABYTE Forum

x79-ud5 no 3dbios menu

x79-ud5 no 3dbios menu
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:06:04 am »
Hi,

I-ve just installed X79-ud5 and went to the bios to setup it. Turned on the raid and then reboot. It finds 4 sata  disks on the five installed and a dvdrw sata reader/writer not recognized. So I went back to the bios and then the tittle 3d bios appears but no menu???.....
Did a clear cmos and then turned on the pc.Selected load default optimised BIOS setup and reboot the computer.Pressed del to acces bios and the  3d bios menu tiitle appears but no selection menu.
What's the problem ?
Whay should I do ?
Thank you for your help.

Re: x79-ud5 no 3dbios menu
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »
I join a photo of my screen.
I found how to access BIOS (By pressing rapidly the Tab key and suppr key. It works sometimes.
Now I have another problem.
I activated sata intel raid and JM micron raid.
I can see all my drives in the post screen. I've create ma raid 0 grape but I've had a msg BIOS ERROR : ??????????????????.
The message doesn't stay long enough for I can read it. I 've tried tu use Pause key but i've never catched the message. Too early or too late.
My question is : Can I activate the intel raid system and the jm micron raid system together ?
I've tried to enter BIOS setup but I Can't. Black screen after the 0.5 second error message and no more response.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:31:13 pm by greencow »

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:00:59 pm »
Now my dvd reader has disapear. Launch windows 7 install from the dvd. 1st restart and no more dvd reader???.....
I can't access the bios setup. (See photo of the second msg).
Please Help me.
I think it might be a bios problem. Perhaps I should flash it (actually F8) directly to F10 or do  I have to flash F9 and then F10.
Can't access QFlash (idem bios setup).
2 days to install this motherboard. And windows seven not install.
This is the first time it happens to me.
Brava Gigabyte.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »
At least. In fact to acces BIOS Setup I had to change my Keyboard usb Plug of place. Now I access to bios setup. I'm flashing it and  hoping  to find back my dvd reader.
Further more, behind the central Unit there is a button to switch Bios and another one to ClrCmos. That's great. Made about 10 clear cmos and 6 bios switch. It's a good idea to save the same bios. Like this, if the bios have a problem... : It's very funny  >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:58:56 pm by greencow »