Official GIGABYTE Forum

Problem with my Gigabyte EP43-UD3L

Problem with my Gigabyte EP43-UD3L
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:22:21 am »
Hello,

I just bought a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L Socket 775 and a Kingston 2GB DDr2 800MHz memory. When I tried to install Windows I had several bluescreens and I couldn't install it. I run a memory test and it showed me a lot of errors. I then run the memory test having connected only one of the 2 memory cards and it showed me no errors. After that I used the second memory card and it was full of errors. I thought that the second one is broken and I went to the shop were i bought it and told them the problem. They also run the memory test and it showed no errors what so ever. They told me that it may be an incompatibility between my motherboard and my memories.
The rest of the components are: HDD western digital 500gb sata2 32mb 7200rpm caviar black, procesor intel pentium dual core e5200 2.50GHz box, givideo card gigabyte radeon hd4670 1gb ddr3 128bit PCIe.
I would appreciate if someone could told me what the problem might be. For now I installed windows and I am using only the first one of the 2 memories.
Regards,
Antonio

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Problem with my Gigabyte EP43-UD3L
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:29:10 am »
Did you run the memtest from http://www.memtest.org/ ? You may want to try running it on each stick of RAM individually.
There's no place like ::1

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:12:17 pm »
Did you run the memtest from http://www.memtest.org/ ? You may want to try running it on each stick of RAM individually.

Yes, I run the exact same test, I had it on a Ubuntu CD.
Any other thought?

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:17:01 pm »
 If its running fine with 1 stick of RAM its more likely to be a RAM issue..as you said the other stick (which i'm prosuming is exactly the same make/model etc) works fine on its own. If the shop won't take it back you may want to consider RMA with kingston direct
There's no place like ::1

ETNiES

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 03:06:53 pm »
Maybe if you could flash the BIOS it might helps things, are try setting the correct voltages in bios, Also are you sure your putting them into the right slots for duel channel?
If I had a hammer.. I'd hammer in morning.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:46:37 am »
Maybe if you could flash the BIOS it might helps things, are try setting the correct voltages in bios, Also are you sure your putting them into the right slots for duel channel?

I've put them on 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. I will try to upgrade the bios, maybe i'll go to the end of it.