Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z68XP-UD4 Boot Loop between memory and drive detection

MrCat

GA-Z68XP-UD4 Boot Loop between memory and drive detection
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:36:45 am »
Yesterday on boot windows loaded, failed, rebooted automatically and then blue screened.

When I rebooted the machine the machine stared to boot loop on the BIOS.

The machine powers up for about 1/2 a second, starts to spin the fans up and then shuts down. It will then power up, get the fans up to speed and shut down. It then powers up, single beeps, display the BIOS splash screen with options for 5 seconds and shut down again.

It will then start the above three boots again.

When the BIOS splash screen is displayed I can press DEL to try to get into the BIOS but the machine still reboots before getting into the BIOS.
When the BIOS splash screen is displayed I can press TAB to display the post messages - I can see the machine has done the memory count, read/set the memory clock speed but then it pauses and the machine reboots.
When the BIOS splash screen is displayed I can press END to try to Qflash but the machine still reboots.

Suggestions??

Jizzy

Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 Boot Loop between memory and drive detection
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:22:05 pm »
I've got a similar issue. I restarted my PC 2 days ago and now its stuck in the boot loop and I haven't been able to use it since.

Its been two months since the thread was started so I assume you must of done by now.

My Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Z68 Socket 1155
Intel Core i7 2700k 8MB 3.5GHz (OC to 4.0)
Corsair 60GB Force 3 SSD x2
Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 (1600) x4
OcUK Battle 750W Dual Rail Power Supply

I've had the issue for a couple of days, I've re-seated my heat sync, as well as tried a different power supply with no luck. Atm I haven't been about to boot properly now. The OC had been done in January was running perfectly until about 2 days ago.

Atm everything is unplugged, only the CPU, heat sync, and power supply is plugged in and still stuck in the loop. The power supply isn't the issue so its the motherboard or cpu thats causing the issue, but I still can't get into bios to do anything.

Anyone have the same issue/fixed it?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:25:16 pm by Jizzy »

Buschy

Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 Boot Loop between memory and drive detection
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:20 pm »
Just curious if either of you have reset your BIOS via the jumper on the Mobo, or by pulling the battery?
That step does not seem to be mentioned in either post.
The BSOD before failure sounds like a hardware failure of some kind. Do either of you get any sort of error/post codes before the reboot?