Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H sound quality and revision

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H sound quality and revision
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:04:19 pm »
Here is a configuration I would like to make:
Intel Core i5-3470S 65W + Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H + Kingston HyperX DDR3 2133MHz 16GB

Now if anyone can help me with the following:

- What is the sound quality of this motherboard? It uses VT2021 chip which technically is ok (192khz/24bit) but what is the quality of sound output which depends on D/A converters? Up until now I had Gigabyte EP35-DS3 (Realtek889) and quality of analog output is very good, the one I was satisfied with. I would like to have at least comparable or better output with this board. Some people claim bass is not as good. I have good speakers so I will probably hear if it is not as good as my old MB. Any ideas, recommendations, advices?

- some people on claim to have issues with 1.0 revision of this board. is 1.1 any better? what are actual differences? The reason why I ask this is because I can get 1.0 revision in my country but they don't seem to have 1.1. Is is worth waiting or rather look for another board?

- some people claim to have issues with this board "3D" UEFI? any issues there?

- Is it worth the money to have 2133 vs cheaper 1600 mhz ram? what are real-world benefits? is 2133 overclocked or still regular speed for ddr3? I don't want overclocking, I just want everything to run stable, it is fast enough already.

Thank you all for your advices that will follow.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:11:28 pm by 7even11 »

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H sound quality and revision
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:04:44 pm »
I also contacted gigabyte directly but to date no reply at all. Looks like they don't simply care to take my money. Looks like I'll be giving my money to Asus or some other manufacturer.